Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

autorouter.aero to Garmin Pilot

10 Posts

Has anyone found an easy way to load a flightplan generated by autorouter.aero to the Garmin Pilot app on iOS?

ELLX

Oh, I see. Thanks. I was looking only in the briefings I got by email, and I didn’t find any “Garmin Pilot” in what I could select in what I should get by email. Only two Garmin file formats, and then I couldn’t import those into Garmin Pilot.

That “Open in Garmin Pilot” link seems to appear only on iOS (and/or Android?) devices, on my desktop I instead get a copy-pastable string. The link doesn’t work for me on my one flight plan I have active now, but the copy/paste (from Desktop) works. The link opens Garmin Pilot, asks to dismiss or load, but clicking load opens the Flight plan page but does not load the route. It does work on another old route I had, though. But only after several attempts.

ELLX

I never had any problems with it …
Just tried a random one – no flaws.

Why don’t you just create it in Garmin Pilot?

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Dave_Phillips wrote:

I’m trying out the various tools and trying to determine my workflow. Garmin Pilot is not able to give me a NOTAM briefing for a VFR flight, so it cannot be my only tool. Autorouter gives me the possibility of managing my flight plans, getting briefings, etc by Telegram, which I find to be a significant advantage; I can have it on any device (whether portable or desktop), without “consuming” a Garmin Pilot (or other app) licence seat count.

ELLX

Ah, and the PDF briefing also contains the link, right on the first page, in section 1 Flight Briefing / 1.1 Overview / LINKS. Just open the PDF on an iPad click the link,

ELLX

I was wondering if you can create a Eurocontrol approved flight plan in autorouter and then get it into Garmin Pilot ? I find it very frustrating that you can only create IFR plans through the Auto function in Garmin Pilot.

Does autorouter produce better routes?

The sky is the limit
EGKB, United Kingdom

SierraNovember wrote:

Does autorouter produce better routes?

It should be the same but I know few people reported better routes in AR than in GP, probably because of some bug in GP implementation.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

SierraNovember wrote:

I was wondering if you can create a Eurocontrol approved flight plan in autorouter and then get it into Garmin Pilot

Yes, you can. This thread shows how, in posts 2 and 7.

Emir wrote:

It should be the same but I know few people reported better routes in AR than in GP

When I discussed differences with Achim, he pointed in the direction of the user having configured a different airplane performance model in GP than in AR. My understanding was that if you configure exactly the same performance model (climb, cruise, descent rates, etc), you should get the same route.

ELLX
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message