Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK CAS transit "application" by email (or web, or ICAO flight plan) - how crazy is this?

Class D reverting to G, whilst starting to disappear again around my part of the UK – has been enjoyed and well utilised by GA here. If 10 seconds is the difference between busting or not, that is frankly poor decision making/planning.

United Kingdom

is frankly poor decision making/planning

I would agree, unless someone confused UTC with local, especially on the day it changes over, or misread the way the daily times are specified together with the date(s) in the notam. Even app / website programmers get it wrong and they should know.

What I meant was that one could think one is inside the allowed time with a 1hr margin, and make a mistake… even 10 secs will get you busted.

I am sure everyone here has made the UTC conversion mistake at least once.

The first version of the NOTAM was badly written

Indeed! I wonder how many got MORd.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Those last 2 posts express the fear factor of flying GA in the UK. Pretty much all Class D in France revert to G at night. Military TMA are activated/deactivated within minutes everyday and have been for ages here.

Same in Sweden. Very few airport towers are open H24 and when they’re not their airspace (class C) reverts to class G.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
93 Posts
Sign in to add your message