Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

V35 Build 1966 160kts TAS on 11.5 /FL100 we have a good relationship

Last Edited by Vref at 17 Jun 18:18
EBST

Beautiful…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Thank you beechbaby

EBST

a beauty. And fast.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

very elegant!!!

fly2000

Tons of options to put aux tanks and tips on the Bonanzas. Fully tricked out they can have great range.

AdamFrisch wrote:

ons of options to put aux tanks and tips on the Bonanzas. Fully tricked out they can have great range.

Yes. Looking e.g. at the one the owner of Pilot and Flugzeug just bought, it is a geat airplane. But you want those tanks in place when you buy it. I’ve seen quotes for upgrading to aux and to tip tanks. Exceeds the airframe value in most cases. (Not only for Beech, also installing Monroys in a Mooney is hugely expensive.) A 40USG Bonanza is nice for local flights but not much more. One with 90 USG (84 usable) is a totally different animal.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 18 Jun 12:16
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I‘m getting 5 1/2 hrs endurance out of it, with an hour reserve that’s 4 1/2 hours. That‘s 720NM @ N0160. My bladder gives up before ;)

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

mine got 74gal and I wish it would have 15-20gal more for some trips, to be a bit more flexible (like Italy) but I agree due to the costs to get tips installed, it, makes no sence to me

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 19 Jun 04:13
fly2000

I had tips installed in Europe a couple of years ago, it was a lucky find of someone who finally didn’t install them on there Beech, was able to buy them over. The STC was transferred on my airframe, after paying a fee of course. The installation was not easy, mainly to the fact that the old tips didn’t want to come off and the tip rib had to be drilled out. Pulling the wiring through for the LED strobes and installing the fuel lines was not easy. Recently had a speed slope installed from LP Aero under STC (the old was was still original crazed and becoming very opaque) and that was quite an undertaking. I am not even sure anyone did that before in Europe :-). Congrats to my mechanic and a professional aviation metal sheet expert. Its like open heart surgery and requires good insights and expertise in air-frame and metal sheet work.
My tips are fantastic it offers plenty more options when ENR and when there is no fuel at my destination, I still have enough to go somewhere else. With the STC I went from 3400 to 3600 max take off, full fuel I still have 600lbs loading for pax and luggage. I don’t know many SEP who can pull this off with 114 Gallons of fuel on board.

EBST
Sign in to add your message