Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

Nice and clean, I like it!

always learning
LO__, Austria

This morning: first flight for me after the upgrade…

Here is a short demonstration of the GFC-500’s IAS mode in climb, with IAS set to 106 knots. Brilliant.

Cruise:

Descents are obviously done in VS mode:

Approaching the beautiful Lachen-Speyerdorf airfield, next to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, with the Pfaelzer Wald in the background.

The return was also flown on autopilot…

Base for 26 at Mainz, with the westerly bits of the Taunus in the background

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Jun 19:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yea, the IAS mode is something I’ve been missing in the Stec 55…. maybe one day I can afford to upgrade to the 3100 which has it.

I’ve never understood why GA AP’s had the VS mode but not IAS… IAS/FL Change is much more useful and a darn sight saver too. Really nice that the newer AP’s now do have it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

How are your cylinders #4 and #6 behaving in climb ? What engine do you have – the 470 or the 520 ?

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 01 Jul 13:04
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

IO-470-K. CHTs are very high. We still need to increase the full power fuel flow a bit, and in my opinion, the baffle seals aren‘t done well.
This is (admittedly, on one of the hottest days of the year!) just after level-off from a climb to 3000 feet (where the OAT was still 30 degrees!!). See engine monitor top-right:

Only cylinder 4 is showing a (very) low value. I am having some doubts on these numbers…

Most of the old Bos and Debs seem to run very warm.

Temps are very high here in France. Last week I made a flight toward the mountains in a dr400 180, the kind that climb walls… We stopped at 6500 because a little more than ISA +25 (32° at 5000ft) not flying that we’ll and engine oil was reaching red line… So understand your point but an io360 is not requiring the same attention than your engine. But if you increase max fuel flow, it will be often used , not only during hot days.
Lucky man indeed ;)

Last Edited by greg_mp at 05 Jul 06:22
LFMD, France

On a normal day, at normal climb speeds, the CHTs should remain stable after take-off. If they rise, look at the full-rich fuelflow first, then baffling.
You can check if increased fuelflow helps by turning on the electric fuelpump in the Bonanza (not used normally during flight). You will notice if that helps.

EBKT

Finally, she is up and running again after a major engine overhaul. Too good to be back in the saddle of the Debonair…

Glad it is up and running. Looks great.

N6664C I assume its sister ship was involved in an accident in Texas on the 9th.I was reading it on Beechtalk when I noticed the closeness of the registrations.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 15 Feb 21:01
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I flew a Debonair last year in the US for quite some time and I know, why you are grinning! Nice plane and the upgrade with the autopilot, JPI and G5’s looks fantastic.

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
Sign in to add your message