Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ice repellent / anti ice paints

A regular discussion topic.

I came across this TED episode.

The product is called Ultra Ever Dry and is available on a website for sale.

This could be the perfect anti-icing solution for small aircraft. Who is going to order the 55 gallon barrel, give it the try and if successful sell it on in smaller quantities? Peter?

Very interesting product.

EDLE, Netherlands

Why do some people think I have loads of money?

It looks great, but I wonder how well it works when the stuff is forced onto it by a 150-200kt airstream?

I have seen another video of such a coating, on the nose cone of an aircraft, which demonstrated great anti icing behaviour.

If I could get some, I would try it immediately. I pick up ice almost every time I enter any IMC at this time of year so it would be very quick to test. Anybody has a contact?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That website offers the stuff for sale. I'd also be interested in trying it out. I was suggesting you because this would give us a nicely written report with great data

For that much you could fly one of these from Shoreham to Cannes and have a bit of money left over for some shopping

The two quart option, $53 and $96, is reasonable. I will order some. I've asked them the cost of shipping to the UK which on the past record of some firms over there will probably be $500

Administrator

Apart from anything else...really great website!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I have just put the two items in the shopping backet, set UK as the destination, saw the updated shipping cost appear as 0.00, thought "this is good", but the Paypal payment fails with "you need to contact the merchant".

Oh well

Administrator

Indeed it looks interesting. From the instructions, it looks complicated to apply; seems akin to a paint job?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

No replies to any messages and no contact address...

So I sent a message to their web design outfit

Response:

Sorry nobody has responded to your messages from the Ultra Ever Dry site. They currently aren't shipping yet to the UK, but are working on that, and have an overwhelming amount of foreign interest. Have you tried calling them? The main problems and concerns right now are getting shipments through customs in the European countries as it is a chemical product.

We need somebody in the USA to buy this and send it anonymously by airmail, perhaps in some smaller (plastic) bottles, with a customs sticker calling it something like "face cream"

Administrator

OK... any Americans here willing to buy some and pop it in the mail?

Administrator
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message