Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Food/Fuel stop in southern France close to Spain?

Ahem…Here’s a link to a webcam over the Pic du Midi de Bigorre, in the Pyrenees south of Pau. You can check if the above post is correct

http://www.n-py.com/fr/pic-du-midi/webcams

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Bos, I liked your 1-5. Our stop of choice has been Poitiers, LFBI. We stop to get lunch and fuel. The restaurant can be either open or closed. It appears to be totally random. If it is open they choose, to a) serve you, or b) not to serve you. If they choose to serve you, they call out an old hag, who then pretends to not speak any English and then appears to not understand the French spoken by my wife. In which we case we end up with totally random food.

If they decide not to serve you, well you are just ignored. If we are ignored, we just go and pick up what it is we wish to eat, by pass all forms of living form, and see who comes up to us and ask us to pay, gives us a great laugh…..now the fuel…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

we just go and pick up what it is we wish to eat,

That’s called self-service cafeteria: "Instead of table service, there are food-serving counters/stalls, either in a line or allowing arbitrary walking paths. Customers take the food they require as they walk along, placing it on a tray. "

They must have goten a laugh watching you guys wait for service !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

How are fuel prices in France at the moment? Total seems to be currently 3.11 €/l AVGAS, but I can’t decipher BP prices. Does it make sense to stop on the way to Spain? What is the BP self service price in France actually?

Spain seems to be still around 3 €/l, if information is correct.

Last Edited by UdoR at 13 Jun 15:34
Germany

Approx €3.66 / litre in San Sebastian a couple of weeks ago.

United Kingdom

I just paid 2.99 Euro/liter for AirTotal self-service 100LL in LFCL – Toulouse Lasbordes. BTW, it has a great outdoor restaurant.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

I confirm it is now 3.11€/l from total in france. It was 2,99 until a few days ago.

LFOU, France

Crazy prices allright but one of our best meet-ups ever was Elba, 2018, which was €3.50/litre since for ever

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Next EuroGA meetup in Alderney then? given the low traction, I doubt 1.8E/L fuel will make a success

UdoR wrote:

Spain seems to be still around 3 €/l, if information is correct

It’s irrelevant, I never paid less than 3E/L in Spain, except when VAT was not charged (all my trips were before 2020)

There are no reliable Avgas prices in Spain, the price is simply what you are told to pay on the day: I was told to pay 3.5E/L in Almeria and I paid it, it was nowhere near what they quoted as price and I had to wait 1h for it with 46C deg on tarmac (I paid 3$/USG in Arcadia in US 6 months before that and it was exactly as on their website, I got freepacnkakes & hamac spot between the trees)

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Jun 08:43
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Beziers LFMU worked great for our Andorra fly-in in 2021

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message