Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free trade?? (also: ugly aeroplanes)

EGKB Biggin Hill

Not the only war looming if the idiot Trump gets his way

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

According to the N Koreans, that war has already started

EGKB Biggin Hill

You guys are just checking whether the mod is awake, confirm?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You guys are just checking whether the mod is awake, confirm?

No, of course not. Just discussing if there might be a way to develop a scaled-down GA version of one of the prettiest aircraft ever made. Because – in my eyes at least – the Bombardier C-Series is the second most beautiful aircraft after the Concorde. If I was the leader of a country making less pretty aircraft I would also do everything possible to keep it out

The proportions are as perfect as can be and everything is where it belongs (no tail or over-wing mounted engines, no T-tail, no canard, no nothing…):

Last Edited by what_next at 27 Sep 16:54
EDDS - Stuttgart

To me it looks like any other passenger tube with wings and two engines. 7×7, A3xx, wha’evar.

What happened to Electras, Spitfires, Hunters?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Spitfires, Hunters

These are machines designed for killing people. I hate them.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Timothy wrote:

To me it looks like any other passenger tube with wings and two engines. 7×7, A3xx, wha’evar.

What happened to Electras, Spitfires, Hunters?

More relevant would be the Comet IV, which was a notably pretty airliner. Unfortunately for that design, airliners do not make a return on investment based on their looks and the pylon mounted engines on the Boeing 707 made a lot more sense in the real world than engines buried in the wing root. I think virtually all airliners today are still based on the architecture established by the 707…. sixty years ago. In terms of appearance, I agree that any differences between them are almost trivial. Also that in 2017 they’re just airborne buses, so who cares.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Sep 20:33

To remain on the civilian side, I would say Caravelle was an elegant airliner, short haul though.

Sorry, it’s French nostalgy

LFOU, France
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message