Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French BRIA industrial action

Wow, it is far worse than I thought if TWR cannot open a FPL that was sent to them, neither Lille FIS.
Le Touquet would try to call somebody to do it, if they could.
I don’t have a clue

Does any app allows to activate FPLs ? Like some offer a ‘close’ button.

The notam about the strike says that all big airports operate as normal. So CAT is probably not harmed.

LFOU, France

Does any app allows to activate FPLs

I think the autorouter telegram interface might, but only for a flight plan which was filed with it. I don’t use it for VFR flight plans; back when I was a tester there was a hack to do VFR (authorised users only; the view was that VFR users generate a high % of problem reports) and I can’t remember how you do it. Anyway I prefer to use a variety of tools, for redundancy

One can send a DEP message with AFPEX. That is a client side java app and it needs a laptop. That would be a last resort.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Does any app allows to activate FPLs ? Like some offer a ‘close’ button

Fore Flight seemed to be able to do amend/activate/close FPLs filed on the app, comes handy in some places

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Feb 14:17
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

SkyDemon has a function to close flight plans and I find that very useful.

Activation is done, if the departure Tower aren’t able for some reason (or not present at all), over the RT with the first en-route frequency. I think I have actually, in the past, activated with London Info on box 2 before leaving French airspace.

I have never trusted the French onward distribution system for flight plans. Too many times calling for taxi and being told “I do not ’ave your flight plan”, so I always manually add departure and destination ZTZX addresses. If they don’t get it having done that then either the AFTN is down or they have a local problem at the airport.

EGLM & EGTN
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message