Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen/AERO 2014

Peter,

Zurich and LX/BA/EZY are probably your easiest choice. She can get on the ferry, take the train directly to the railway station at ZRH airport, all inside about 2 hours.

If you were travelling via ZRH or if Justine needs a place to stay i.e. To fly on a morning flight after coming into ZRH in the evening, just give me a shout.

I will be in Friedrichshafen probably either on Thursday or Friday.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I will be in Friedrichshafen, too, trying to fly VFR again. (Worked last year, with a day delay in return). Can’t say, witch days, though. When will you all be there and is there a EuroGA meeting scheduled?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’d love to meet some of you there. As I wrote, for me it will be probably Thursday or Friday.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I have tickets to be in the area that week, and to be at AERO for one day… but the day is yet to be finalized.

I hope to be there for a couple of days, most likely flying into EDNY, but haven’t chosen specific days yet.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I will fly to EDNY in the TB20, or not go at all. If the wx is nice, Justine will come along and as I mentioned she has a return ticket. I would fly back on Sunday morning.

The “trick” on departure is to absolutely not go via the airline terminal, but enter airside via the exhibition hall entrance. The exhibition will (on Sunday) be shut and empty but it should be open, and you can walk straight to your plane. Whereas if you go via the airline terminal you get the full x-ray and security treatment and a wait for the bus to take you to the other side of the airport. I hope this procedure is still current.

Also I will need a hard surface, because I won’t be able to push the plane myself onto the grass (which is very rough in places). I managed to get it twice but not the last time. I wonder what the procedure is if the marshaller demands you park on grass? He can’t hear the radio, can he?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m pretty sure I’ll come although I’m not sure about the date. Last year it was early morning arrival (take off at 4 a.m.) and afternoon return. Probably same this year.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter I may go but will equally not park on grass. I will be unable and will just wait for hard.

EGTK Oxford

So who will be going when?

I intend to go.. would enjoy a meet, maybe a joint hotel with many drinks?
However I prefer to go during the week. Arrive one evening .. njoy dinner and drinks and the next morning visit the fair and leave end of the afternoon.

maybe .. wednesday arrival and thursday fair visit .. or thursday arrival .. friday fair visit?

I find that as you come closer it becomes more and more dangerous.. Leaving is never a problem. One time we were with 3 planes on final with clear instructions to land late (coming from the lake). We all got instruction to go around and the belgium guy in front of me just continued and landed causing havoc while I diverted directly to the east.. Then straight away a b737 came in..

I land on concrete but park in the sides on grass .. noworries.

P.S. has the Croatian plan become firm yet?

has the Croatian plan become firm yet?

Yes as far as I am concerned – LDLO or LDSB, late May. The thread is here

Those who can actually make it in principle – please post your preferences in that thread. Those who would need a lift, please do so also because there are bound to be spare seats

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Jan 07:57
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message