Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

Ok Friday it is.

KHTO, LHTL

Just bumping this thread so people put the dates in their diary

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Totally accidentally, this very afternoon I was pondering my year’s planning, the AeroFair still figures. As usual, I hope to come flying but it is more likely I come driving. If flying, it will be into Konstanz (if that is still open? Weren’t they under pressure of closure, there?), staying in a Konstanz hotel, and transfer by ferry-boat and bus. Yes I know I need to leave early due to limited ferry service.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I booked a mooney already. Only looking for a another extra person to come with me. With 3 or 4 it is much nicer. Also are we thinking to fly to venice / lido that weekend, because we are in the neighbourhood and it is in the same direction

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Just bumping this thread so people put the dates in their diary

Administrator

Just got this:

Please book your slot from April 4th, here

Then they sent me this URL

Administrator

For those of us planning to go VFR (especially from UK) would you care to print your route for interest? For us we have one planned stop at Reims for fuel/ customs /immigration and then to Friedrichshaven.
I think it would be good to see other’s routes and add any reasons why any major deviation from “straight line”

UK, United Kingdom

Friday is good. I look forward to seeing you all there.

LFLY, France

Jan, from what I can tell Konstanz is still open, I would call them but they will more than likely be closed today (Good Friday).

It seems the “neo-liberal global corporatists” want to build a cathedral to consumersism on the site and housing… Like we need yet more shopping malls instead of good runways.

From what I understand, a petition to keep it open has reached enough votes to trigger a debate, which will happen in the autumn. I think we should organise a massive Europe-wide fly in and show by force that we want airports to remain open.

The main arguments to close it seem to be a complete lack of building space in Germany, and the fact that it has brought too much sorrow to families because of accidents over the hundred years it has been open. The arguements to keep it open, are rare wildlife, the universities conduct technical research there in experimental aircraft, it provides employment to people because it is used for concerts and things also.

Viva la Revolution! We need to start positive action to keep airfields open.

Sadly, I won’t be able to make Aero because I’m getting married… Piss poor planning, for the dates, from my side, I know

EDHS, Germany

Thanks, Jon. I created a separate thread about my flight planning. Hope to fly on Thursday, with the Friday in reserve; and back on Saturday, with the Sunday in reserve. If the weather is not good enough, i.e. less than CAVOK all the while, I’ll try and hike a lift from some kind soul round here…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message