Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

(and, by the way, and if you’ll excuse me: your planning is not THAT poor, there is NO real good date for getting married anyway (ducking for cover ))

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

LOL

EDWF, Germany

LOL…. Maybe I will make it next year… 5 years in Germany and I haven’t made Aero yet… That is the really poor planning

EDHS, Germany

there is NO real good date for getting married anyway

Depends on whether you are going to gain or lose from it

Mine cost me the value of a TBM700. But, hey, I am still flying, albeit not a TBM, and I plan to get to EDNY on the Thursday, wx permitting (departing Sunday)

Not sure how we will meet up. Probably we should use this thread for that purpose. And/or meet up at some exhibitor stand.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If it is VFR weather, we will be in EDNY too. After that we will try to fly further to Venice/Lido for a quick city trip. :-)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Venice/Lido is just a short but very scenic 180nm hop over the Alps

Might have to look at the CAS…

Just got this

Administrator

I will fly in and out on Friday. The last available departure slot is 21:40 local time. I (and my crew) would love to make it to the dinner, provided that we can get back to the airport and leave on time. In other words, if multiple options are considered (and everything else equal), I would ask to take our departure logistics into account and choose a place, which is easily accessible from the airport.

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

Peter, excuse me for whining but you really ought not to make your own world everybody’s; especially not as a moderator. 180 nm may be a short hop for you and your plane but it isn’t for all G/A pilots nor for all G/A aeroplanes. To say the least, it takes oxygen to fly this in a straight line, as you represent it. We know this forum is your own dunghill and you are welcome to be the cock on top but do you really need to crow so loud?

Last Edited by at 03 Apr 19:11
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Peter, excuse me for whining but you really ought not to make your own world everybody’s; especially not as a moderator. 180 nm may be a short hop for you and your plane but it isn’t for all pilots nor for all aeroplanes. To say the least, it takes oxygen to fly this in a straight line, as you represent it. We know this forum is your own dunghill and you are welcome to be the cock on top but do you really need to cry so loud?

Sorry but that accusation is bullshit.

This forum is not my “dunghill” and I am not a “cock on top”.

Everybody reading EuroGA (of relevance in this context) has a PPL. They have sat the exams, they know how to plan A to B and they have done the exam questions on hypoxia. Also EuroGA has had loads of oxygen related postings. Are you asking me to put into every post detailed instructions on how to fly a plane? If we do a fly-in to say Croatia, are you suggesting that people are being induced to fly a DCT from their base to LDLO at 2000ft and kill themselves when they get to the Alps?

As I said, there may be CAS which is relevant, too. That’s another thing they teach you in the PPL (don’t they teach CAS in an ultralight PPL?).

I don’t understand what you are whinging about.

Administrator

I went online this morning, 8:15 to book a slot for Friday – all gone .

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message