Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY GA entrance - NO passengers, only pilots

10 Posts

This has to be the ultimate in airport idiocy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My pax are always pilots.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

This has to be the ultimate in airport idiocy.

Huh? This year I was pax and I easily got in and out via the GA entrance. You have to be accompanied by your pilot and he gets to carry your swiss army knife though

LSZK, Switzerland

Not this morning, unless there is another top secret GA entrance.

My pax are always pilots

Only if they have PPLs or you photoshop something…

Administrator

People went through ahead of us Peter with kids and clearly no pilots.

EGTK Oxford

If you are an instructor, you can always say that you are accompanied by a student? What kind of document could they require to support that?

Must be referring to a different entrance. I meant the one to the left of the aeroclub, where many of us had a meal in 2015.

In the main terminal there is the separate queue for “crew” and GA. Anyone can go through there.

What kind of document could they require to support that?

They must have a private deal. In the USA, a student has the Student Pilot Certificate but Europe has no equivalent.

Administrator

I meant the one out the back of the Messe (through the restaurant) for pilots, which got you a minibus back to the aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

Oh yes, that one is OK. That is what gets used if you are parked on the exhibition side of the airport, and one can walk through the exhibition halls on a Sunday (IIRC).

But if you are parked on the passenger terminal side of the airport then it is better to go to that side.

I don’t remember if they do shuttle buses (from the exhibition halls to the terminal side) on a Sunday. I vaguely recall they didn’t.

Administrator

We were parked on the south side (passenger terminal side). Easier to get the free minibus than have to get a cab to the other side. But obviously not sure if you can use that on the Sunday. Looked like a temporary entrance.

EGTK Oxford
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message