Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

From continental to UK reg

Over the last few years I have flown for four Scandinavian one German and one Irish airline all under EASA and all used flight time in the tech log and did not record the chock to chock time in this document. Flight time was used for all maintenance requirements .

It would seem to me that the French and Belgians are out of step with EASA.

As to re-calculating flight time when transferring from one register to another, I would think that this could only be done if you had recorded data for the flight time from a reliable source. It is likely that the authorities will insist on the higher time unless reliable data for another value is presented.

A_and_C wrote:

Over the last few years I have flown for four Scandinavian one German and one Irish airline all under EASA and all used flight time in the tech log and did not record the chock to chock time in this document.

In France, the rule says that flight time is eventually acceptable for airline ops regarding maintenance. General aviation is supposed to use bloc to bloc time.

A_and_C wrote:

It would seem to me that the French and Belgians are out of step with EASA.

Part-M only reffers to “flight time” without explicit defnition.
I personnally asked for a clear “flight time” definition in the latest Part-M Light NPA.

Last Edited by Guillaume at 02 Dec 10:59

The only thing you must log for a French aeroplane (and a Belgium one) is the block time. It’s mandatory by statute.
For each flight you must log the details of the flight in the Carnet de Route (Journey log).
My CAMO tells my for my plane that I’ve no other choice than the block to block time to define maintenance intervals. It means that my 50 hours is a 50 hours block time, that each maintenance operation based on usage of the plane is based on the block time.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message