Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel price remaining high

€2,72 for Avgas at Lelystad – almost cheap until you start comparing it to German prices

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Blimey, what were Shoreham charging before? We picked up Jet A1 for 54p this week, and even for a small uplift Nottingham has Jet A1 for 58p (all plus VAT)
http://www.nottinghamairport.co.uk/aircraft-fuels.html

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I am paying 61p at Oxford Neil. Will have to push back!

EGTK Oxford

From Statoil’s Q&A:

Why have I been charged VAT on an international flight from Norway?

If you are not a commercial airline operating mainly on international routes, we are not able to exempt you from VAT according to the EU VAT legislation (article 148 (e) of Council Directive 2006/112/EC). If you are a commercial airline please write to us below.

So I don’t think its possible to have any VAT or Taxes removed as a Private operator!

Am I missing something here?

spirit49
LOIH

Around 2008 I picked up 100LL in Croatia for €0.60 per litre. It was done the then traditional way (which doesn’t work anymore) involving getting it invoiced to (what looked like) a company name, paying cash of course, and saying the word “commercial” 3 times in a John Cleese voice. Used to work in Spain, too.

Good old days

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, fuel is more affordable these days.

( shamelessly copied from www ulforum de )

Last Edited by at 18 Jan 13:42
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thanks a lot to Matt Guthmiller for this price information in his new video

The fuel price for 100 LL corresponds to Euro 1,09 per litre. It shows what is possible and let me dream about a flight to the USA.
Recommendation:

Berlin, Germany

highflyer wrote:

The fuel price for 100 LL corresponds to Euro 1,09 per litre. It shows what is possible and let me dream about a flight to the USA.

I flew to Arcadia municipal airport (X06) last January as cheap fuel stop, it was 3.6$G/L (or 0.8E/L) but did not expect the place to be busy as hell (some special monthly Saturday fly-in), also we got free breakfast and pancakes as someone decided to count my messy circuit, landing & go-around as “low pass = free breakfast”, welcome to USA !

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Mar 22:44
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

A little before in the video, he refuels at 3,71 a gallon. It was in Jan 2020.

LFOU, France

3.36$/gal @ KCWF with Million Air on 29th of December and because we arrived short before closing and wanted to depart early in the morning, we even got the 2019 GLC Courtesy Car over night! That is awesome and the 5$ ramp fee was also very cheap, so that was not their alternative source of income.

Last Edited by TobiBS at 08 Mar 17:34
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
Sign in to add your message