Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny registrations

That’s true. We also have the Hell tunnel. 5 km of darkness before coming to Hell (car and train). And we have the Hell blues festival every fall And we have the Hell Center (a mall), and of course the Hell railway station.

Hell airport, hell no It has never existed. The airport was founded in 1914. It was first used by the military. The place is called Værnes (Vaernes). The ICAO code is ENVA for VAernes or Varnes which is the correct old name from thousands of years ago. I was baptized in Værnes church, built in 1100 BC. It’s the church you almost fly into when landing on 27.

The closest city is Stjørdal. Both Hell and Værnes is today within the city limits of Stjørdal. Hell is om the other side of the river.

The airport probably changed name in the 1960s when it became the main civilian regional airport for the area, with Trondheim as the capital. The official name today is Trondheim Airport Værnes. Before it was only Værnes Airport or airbase.

When talking on the radio, you always say Værnes, and always have done since they got radio there.

The name has nothing to do with the English Hell, although that word comes from old Norse Hel. The name of thebplace comes from old Norse Hellir, meaning a shallow rock cave, or rock overhang.

In modern norwegian, hell means luck or good fortune. The word helle is related to Hellir, although it’s meaning has changed slightly, meaning a flat rock or stone.

Last Edited by LeSving at 18 May 13:14
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I saw this parked at ESMS last week. They only people walking had golf clubs in their backpacks.

ESME, ESMS

I am sure that there is no reflection on the owner of this

Same spirit but much faster with a porsche look (M20J was on sale recently)

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 May 15:04
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This was on an A321 yesterday

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This was on an A321 yesterday.

This one in Bosnian literarily means “f*ck my a*s”

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I saw the first of these two the other day but thought that posting it (had it not already been posted) would be a bit too close to the one above

Administrator

I saw 2-PLAY (a TBM) doing a quick refuel stop in Reims LFQA last thursday.

ESMK, Sweden

No idea how they got these past the CAA. But they are many years old – at least 20-30, from some very old conversations I recall

Administrator

Seen today at Wellesbourne EGBW

Administrator
Sign in to add your message