Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny registrations

especially as most of the funny ones are a bugger to pronounce using the aviation alphabet.

Quite often, I hear D-BOSS on the radio. Everybody calls it Delta-boss, never by aviation alphabet

EDDS - Stuttgart

Olympic used to have one ATR-42 registered SX-BIA.
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=SX-BIA
Pilots and ATCOs called it “SEX KE VIA” (“KE” means “and” and “BIA” in capitals is written the same in the Greek language), meaning “sex and violence”.

Last Edited by atmilatos at 18 May 17:45
LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece
’ I have personally seen G-BOLX (at Shoreham) ’

Peter, It was imported by the London Flight Centre along with G-BOLY, I used to park my PA28 along side it at EGSS before the
‘low cost airline brigade’ forced all the avgas lot out !

At Headcorn:

Last Edited by Peter at 19 May 13:06
UK, United Kingdom

Sorry…don’t have a photo of it, but I remember seeing one years ago in a hanger at my home airfield.
EI-EIO.
Owned by O. MacDonald & Co. of course! :-)

Guess this was flying from a farm strip??

EDL*, Germany

This one carries eels

Filming a crash

The RAFs last Hastings had the callsign MCRIT

Last Edited by Tumbleweed at 26 May 19:41

D-ICKS

Link

Hokksund/ENHS

Is the G-BBIE one real? I had a look on G-INFO and it belongs to a long deregistered Cherokee 140 (which crashed with 4 fatalities back in the 1970s). AFAIK, G-registrations can never be re-used.

Andreas IOM

An Ikarus C42 at Enstone is G-GRPA. The owner did not mean it, but it’s a Glass Reinforced Plastic Aircraft indeed.
No, it’s not. At least structurally.

Seen D-BOOK (Falcon 2000), D-KACK (Scheibe Falke), D-ESEL (C172), G-ODLY (C310), D-ENTE (Do-27, quite famous), D-HILF (Bo 105), D-HELP (R44), D-FUEL (PC12), D-KITY (ASK16).
Flown: D-GOLF (PA-23), D-EOOE (DR250-160)

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

on this

at Sitia, LGST, Crete.

Last Edited by Peter at 13 Sep 05:00
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message