Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

RobertL18C wrote:

and if the candidate did not revert down to the no DME NDB procedure using the stopwatch the candidate would partial the non precision

You can but if DME fails and you decided to use the stopwatch you would fail as well, guess why….

Surprise: most NDB/DME plates (unless timed NDB or backcourse NDB is published without DME) will explicitly say you can’t use stopwatch to define FAF or MAPT you have to divert, a bit like flying ILS (LPV) without GP when LOC (LNAV) are not published

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Jan 13:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@lbra there are approved no DME approaches eg EGTC NDB21

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I see, maybe one of the only two in UK (Exeter & Cranfield)

Wanna land in Valence?
Watch is on MMEL :P

LFMD, France

The pitfalls in trying to be clever in server-side coding

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When I worked at a major corporation a few years back, the default was first letter of first name, and up to 7 letters of last name. So Ajani Erkson would be aerkson, and Bill Tchaviovsky would be btchavio. So far so good. But some names are so common that this doesn’t work. (The most common family name there was Nguyen, with iirc over 200 of them). Then IT had to get creative.

I had a colleague called Anu… Sharm… (i was a common Indian family name). His email ID was anusharm. I commented that it sounded painful, and it seems I was the first person to notice.

LFMD, France

Does one need TW difference training for the Concorde?

EDQH, Germany

That Do tail logo looks like a guy doing a handstand or falling off of a cliff. Is it a parajumper „cult“ plane maybe?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sign in to add your message