Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

G500+GTN650+GTN750 in a TB20GT

I’ve just received these pics from a friend of mine, and an OK to publish here

It’s a neat solution.

The backup AI is a Mid Continent SAM unit, at $8200.

I won’t ask how much the whole job cost but here in Europe it would be of the order of €70k.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it’s more € 100 K, no?

Yes, I would second an estimate of 100k€ or more if done by Avionik Straubing. I see about 60k in hardware alone (counting the TAS feeding the 650).
Other than that: WOW! Certainly gives owners with a KMD550/KLN94 something to think about ;)
On the other hand he’s still stuck to his KFC225 and after a brief consideration I have ruled out all-electric avionics for my plane. If push comes to shove I want a turn and bank that will not die on me in IMC..

EDLN and EDKB

mrfacts wrote:

If push comes to shove I want a turn and bank that will not die on me in IMC..

The backup avionics are battery powered with sufficient time to land.

The autopilot is not KFC225; it is an earlier one.

Administrator

KAP150.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The engine monitor is interesting. It is the Insight G4 which is a 3.125" size – like my rebuilt-bigger EDM700 – and it does RPM, MP, Fuel Flow, Fuel Totalization, OAT, EGT, CHT, TIT, Oil Press, Oil Temp, Prop Balance, G-Force, TO Performance, HP%, Turbulence, and Data Logging.

When we discussed it here, the company told me it cannot do oil temp.

Administrator

The EI CGR30P can replace all engine primary gauges, and loads more.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

This is a beautiful panel. Where did they get it done?

Definitely closer to 100k€ than €60k. Unlocking the Jepp charts on the GTN750 is a couple of ks alone :-)

For choice, I would prefer to have the engine indicators on the left hand side; maybe doable by using the remote audio panel, putting the A/C stuff on the right side, and the standby A/I above the GTN750. But to each his own.

Last Edited by denopa at 18 Aug 08:49
EGTF, LFTF

In the USA. I can ask but it’s probably of limited use. I did ask for the cost and a permission to post it

Administrator
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message