Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Airports ideally located

App2Drive doesn’t accept alphanumeric postcodes.
So no luck for us from UK.

United Kingdom

LOWG / GRZ / Graz

Train is located a few minutes walk from GAC exit and takes you to the center in 10 minutes.
Bus is located directly outside the terminal.

http://www.flughafen-graz.at/en/terminal/anreise-parken/bus-bahn.html?type=%3Fsub%3Dab%3Fto%3Fsub%3Dan
https://www.graztourismus.at/en/see-and-do/sightseeing/top-10-sights

always learning
LO__, Austria

Last time I was there, Cannes had rental cars (Europcar).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

My favorite is LFMT (Montpellier). You have access to rental cars on the airport with wide opening times. The beaches are a 10 minutes car/taxi ride away. The city is a little further away but still fairly close. There are a few hotels that have airport shuttles in the commercial area close by. Many things to do all around.

LFMD (Cannes) is fairly well located as well but no car rental. LFMV (Avignon) is 15 minutes away (35€ taxi if I remember correctly) from the city center with plenty of things to do.

LFLP/LSGL

I see :-)
Having big and powerful cars in the garage i really like driving the the Smart in the City, to me it’s fun – and you always find a parking spot. (In Munich parking on the street is free for carsharing cars).

Alexis wrote:

I use drivenow and car2go a lot, like many thousands of people in Munich where each of these companies have almost 1000 cars, and i don’t think it’s horrible

I might have overreacted a bit there.

Personally, I use DriveNow 95% and Car2Go maybe 5% of the time in Hamburg, Munich, Düsseldorf – but that’s because I just can’t bring up any symphathy for Smart – as useful as they are. I realize there is now Mercedes A Class available as well. I’m just a bigger fan of the BMW and Mini you get to drive with DriveNow.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

BTW: Any foreigner can open a car2go or drivenow account. You just have to get your dr. licence validated once.

Last Edited by at 17 Aug 12:40

0.23, corrected

A Smart costs € 23 per minute

Really? This sure is a typo? It seems ridiculously expensive.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

I use drivenow and car2go a lot, like many thousands of people in Munich where each of these companies have almost 1000 cars, and i don’t think it’s horrible. I like it a lot, and it works almost perfectly. A Smart costs € 0.23 per minute, but for a little more money you can rent other Mercedes (A, GLA) models at car2go or Minis and 2 series convertibles at DriveNow. Both companies are highly successful in Germany.

At Munich airport there are hundreds of these cars parked, costs me around € 20 to get home from an airline flight, taxi is 80-90.

I mostly use the Smarts, they are more than enough to get around.

I also have an app2drive card for smaller airports where the other companies have no cars.

Last Edited by at 17 Aug 12:41
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message