Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GAMA / IAOPA - collecting data on GA

RobertL18C wrote:

I was surprised at average utilisation of over 200 hours in the SEP category, this is a fair bit higher than the USA.

That comparison is not so surprising when you consider that many (I would think most) light aircraft in the US are flown by only one pilot during any given year.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Jan 15:34

@catebr I was surprised at average utilisation of over 200 hours in the SEP category, this is a fair bit higher than the USA.

The denominator of 100k flight hours in GA accidents is always difficult to validate, although the USA reality check utilisation using AvGas/Jet A1 consumption. They also carry out surveys.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your responses, comments and support on the survey. We are working on improving the survey every year. The results of 2020 and the opening of the 2021 survey will will soon be online.

I hope the struggles a few of you encountered were fixed.

If you want to check the 2019 results here is the link again : https://gama.aero/issues/european-ga-data/

Feel free to contact me directly via email : [email protected]

Wishing you many flights and blue skies,

Cate

Grimbergen ( EBGB), Belgium

The GAMA-IAOPA Europe General Aviation Survey is now open until 5th April 2020.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Survey results from 2018-2019 survey

Some very interesting data in there, although the aggregate numbers are clearly heavily slanted by data from schools doing lots of hours of flight training.

Administrator

I completed it, did the extra extended parts too and all went through.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Maybe @catebr is still around?

Administrator

Despite filling in required fields wasn’t able to submit.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Done

Administrator

Same topic as here, @Peter you could merge the threads.

ESMK, Sweden
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message