Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin AERA 795, Bluetooth and Bose A20

Has anybody managed to get a stable Bluetooth connection between an AERA795 and the Bose A20? An unstable connection is no problem but the connection drops after a few seconds.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I’ll try when I get home. My A20 BT connects to my audio panel so I’ve never tried to connect it to my 795.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

My 795 often drops its bluetooth connection to my GDL39. It annoys me. However, when it works the two together work really well and for me they provide a backup in case my vacuum pump ever fails. (I bought the GDL39 battery too so that everything works when the power fails too.)

I haven’t tried the 795 with Bose A20. Not sure the 795 can connect to two BT devices. What functionality are you seeking – audio alerts from the 795 into your headset? You might find it easier to physically connect the 795 to your audio panel.

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Just trying to avoid a cable connection really on the occasions I forget to bring the GDL. The Bluetooth connection with the GDL seems to be rock solid.

And the answer from Garmin is…

The Aera 795 has limited compatibility with Bluetooth connectivity. While it initiates a Bluetooth connection, it will not stay connected due to these compatibility issues. We will submit a request to our development team for a possible software update to accommodate this feature.

What does that mean Peter? That they have implemented Bluetooth but not very well and they acknowledge that it’s flaky?

Is it a hardware problem or a software problem or both?

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Bluetooth is a miracle technology. It’s a miracle it works

And often it doesn’t. For example Tomtom satnav bluetooth worked on my S6 in the VW but no longer works on the S7. TT say they can’t fix it… this is just the tip of the iceberg of BT problems.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message