Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin flightstream 210 to GNS430w

Hello!

I am looking to install Garmin Flightstream 210 to GNS430w in my Piper Seneca 2.
That most likely needs an EASA minor change or maybe even an STC.
I have been told that there currently is no EASA STC for the installation, but there is a chance that some design organisation has already developed a minor change approval for the installation.

Do you have any thoughts where to ask?

Thanks in advance!

Hello !
Last year I had a Garmin 530W (upgrade from a 430 nonWAAS unit) installed together with a FilghtStream 210; EASA STC 10037701 Rev.2.
Installation was done by Avionik Straubing .
Best regards

Frank

EDFM

EASA STC 10037701 does not include any Flightstream integration (I wrote the STC).

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

My FS210 was installed as a minor modification and a simple log book entry. My Bonanza is on US registry.

KUZA, United States

EASA STC 10037701 does not include any Flightstream integration (I wrote the STC).

At Straubing, they have ways

However, many shops will not be strict in the strictest possible interpretation of avionics certification which is that all interconnections not shown in the manufacturer(s) installation manual are illegal. Half the avionics business would grind to a halt if that interpretation was done universally.

My FS210 was installed as a minor modification and a simple log book entry. My Bonanza is on US registry.

And so it should be. Minor Alteration, no question.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message