Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin G3X Touch or Dynon Skyview for flying in Europe

That’s an appalling piece of “design”. Reverse polarity protection is achieved with one of these for about $0.10

Actually I am surprised they are acting this way, because it is a matter of public record – on the big US forums – that Garmin will sell certified avionics direct to homebuilders, upon evidence of the aircraft type it is intended for. One of their reps (a full time US social media guy) said so. So on this basis homebuilders would get no warranty at all…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When we fitted a Trig transponder, that happened. Trig fixed it free of charge.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Garmin will sell certified avionics direct to homebuilders, upon evidence of the aircraft type it is intended for. One of their reps (a full time US social media guy) said so. So on this basis homebuilders would get no warranty at all

Garmin sells some certified avionics items direct for A&P installation on certified aircraft, as well as those sold similarly for E-AB aircraft – for example my GTX 335 transponder was bought from Aircraft Spruce and A&P installed on my certified aircraft with Garmin ‘permission’. However AFAICT Garmin is not properly prepared to support field installation – it seems to me their model is to cut corners on documentation and maybe on design and then work with known dealers to resolve the resulting issues without making them public. Just my observation and opinion.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Dec 22:36
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message