Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin SL40 secondhand value and disposal

A good friend has just removed a garmin SL40 from his aircraft and replaced it with an .833 compliant 225a.The SL 40 is in perfect order about 5 years old and only flown about 150 hours.Whilst obviously worthless in Europe can anyone recommend a route or dealer to place the unit into a region where it still has value.Be a great shame to skip it,I would have thought a business opportunity awaits for a trader with contacts in the Americas?Regards Stampe

EGMD EGTO EGKR, United Kingdom
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There’s certainly a market for 25KHz radios in the US.

I’m changing out an SL30 for a GNC255A in the UK, so will be bringing the SL30 back to the US to recover some of the cost. A good SL30 should be sellable at $2-2.5K. I’m not sure of the SL40 market, but it should be easy to research. (Try searching completed listings on Ebay).

It could be easier to sell if you know someone in the US who could sell on your behalf, as buyers are often sceptical about buying from abroad.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Thank you gentlemen so I have some research to do,My faithful narco 12d are being removed from own aircraft in the next few weeks at least I don,t have to worry about trying to move them on.Regards Stampe.

EGMD EGTO EGKR, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message