Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting up to speed for flying in the USA

Capitaine wrote:

We went to the local hospital a long time ago and asked about this, and essentially they won’t let you in without insurance or a credit card. They weren’t joking.

I’ve read that in case of an emergency, a Reagan-era law forces them to take you. I imagine they can kick you out as soon as you are stable enough to survive without gross risk outside, though.

On the subject of insurance, well… I still have memories of a Friday late afternoon my mother in a corridor of the hospital screaming in pain with multiple (about 30…) elbow area fractures while I was at the reception/admission desk faced with a prepayment requirement that exceeded cumulative credit/payment cards monthly limits. A fax of “we’ll pay” from the insurance company would have done the trick, too. My mother is all year travel-health-insured, the “out of hours” office took my phone call, but I didn’t hear back from them in several days. When we made our reimbursement claim back home, the “normal working hours” workers were shocked, but that was not that useful any more. How my mother actually got the surgery she needed? Well, I rang a few chosen numbers from her contacts, and one of them had connections that convinced the CEO of the hospital to come to the admission desk and tell the staff to extend us credit.

ELLX

Snoopy wrote:

Openairplane seems nice. I’ll try it. Universal checkout and you can rent the same type of plane anywhere. Would something like this work in Europe? Lots of inefficiency in GA around here too..

AeroPS tried that some time ago but wasn’t too successful with it…

https://www.ideenwettbewerb.info/e-ship-stories/uebersicht/profile-e-ship-stories/aero-ps/

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Well the first mistake they made is calling it AeroPS…

always learning
LO__, Austria
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message