Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNSS Approach Availability in Europe

Hi there,

Is there a conclusive list that is updated with GNSS approach availability in Europe?

DMEarc

This might do:

https://www.eurocontrol.int/news/pbn-approach-map-tool-has-gone-live

EDVE, Germany

I am not sure that map is anywhere near current

Also, can anybody click/unclick the options? For me (Firefox) they are dead.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did you click on the small map to the right? That is not a live map, but just an illustration. To access the real interactive map, you have to register for a userid…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well I have a registered OneSky account but I have no idea how to get to the PBN Approach Map….searces fail to bring up anything other than the press release above….it is not included in the list of Online services to which I can subscribe….I have sent them an email asking for help

[Edit: I now have a response…I must wait until tomorrow for my list of accessible online services to be updated…]

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 12 Aug 13:01
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

You can find it under the old one sky login on the left.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Yes but those options haven’t appeared for me yet…you have to subscribe to them individually…and the system only updates in the evening….apparently

I’ve only flown GPS approaches in the US but I sure do like them. They seem a lot easier for a private pilot to master and provide much greater accuracy. Looking at the Eurocontrol map, it appears a lot of approaches will be on stream within 24 months. This is surely quiet exciting for GA.

One question I do have, can a LPV approach be flown LNAV only with a GNS (non WAAS)?

One question I do have, can a LPV approach be flown LNAV only with a GNS (non WAAS)?

Not an LPV but a RNAV. They usually come together. One peculiarity about the GNS430W is that it does not allow you to select the RNAV approach when LPV is available. This makes my yearly IR check ride a bit of a strange thing because the only non precision approach we have available is RNAV and that is also LPV now so there is no way to turn off the glideslope other than putting a sticker on the EFIS

I presume if you turn WAAS off it will not allow the LPV approach….

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message