Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

With the Greek debt situation, Germany doesn’t have to negotiate. It merely needs to wait…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As of 11th April 2017 the following 14 airports operate under FRAPORT ownership.
http://www.fraport-greece.com/eng/airport-profiles
LGPZ LGSA LGKR LGKV LGKF LGKO LGMT LGMK LGRP LGSM LGSR LGSK LGTS LGZA
According to a document coming from FRAPORT in Thessaloniki LGTS the charges are the following and thus these MAY be the charges for the rest of the 14 airports.

Charges for aircraft below 5 tons MTOW
- Landing Fee: 50 Euro
- Parking Fee: First 5 hours FREE – Past 5 hours 1.25 Euro per 24hrs

- Passenger (non crew) Fee charged per departure (in all Greek airports):
12.00 Euro for those traveling to EU, EEA countries (European Economic Area: Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) and Switzerland.
22.00 Euro for all the other destinations.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Well, more or less as expected. Assuming all the handling arrangememts will remain the same (~25 Euros with the AOPA card), a two day visit with one pax will be about 120 Euros total. Noticeably more than in the past, but not totally outrageous, considering the total cost of a trip from central Europe to Greece. Won’t be good for the (tiny) local GA though.

So, no more distinction between EU-reg and others?

Also, could it be that the handling fee will be included in the 50 Euro landing fee? In fact, one of the hopes I had (see above) was that the tedious payment procedures would improve, i.e. that it would be made a single transaction, as (almost) everywhere else in Europe.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Apr 10:51
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

a two day visit with one pax will be about 120 Euros total

I’m not sure how you calculated this figure, according to prices above landig plus two day of parking and one pax (to EU) should be: 50+2x1.25+12=64.5

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sorry, I misread the parking fees, as 1.25€ per hour (which would still be within reasonable limits). 1.25€ per 24 hours would be an absolute steal…

However, you forgot the handling fee, which, very probably, will still come on top.

So, more like 90€ or so.

@boscomantico no distinction on non EU reg on the daily fee as I see.

I have no further information, I just transferred what I read in a Fraport price list document (in Greek) and that was for Thessaloniki LGTS.
We ASSUME the same applies to the rest 13 of 14.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Sure. Thanks!

I just browsed FRAPORT Greece website and here are the price lists
http://www.fraport-greece.com/eng/our-expertise-and-services/aviation

They are the same in all their 14 airports as it seems.

Basically for below 5 tons MTOW as of tomorrow 11th April :

- they add 50 Euro LANDING charge, something new, to the charges that were already in effect for years in public airports.

- PARKING charge is 1.08 per 24hrs (after the first 5 hours which are free)
They make no distinction between EUR or non EUR registration in the parking fee / 24hr which makes it interesting for N’reg long term parking since in public airports EUR registrations are charged 1.63 per day and non EUR are charged 7.34 per day.

- PASSENGERS fees include the standard 12 Euro per that’s been for years and they add 1.5 Euro for security, so its 13.5 Euro per non crew member per departure

There is a note at the bottom saying : Domestic operations may be subject to VAT
To be honest this is still not clear yet as to what this means and I sincerely hope its a generic disclaimer and they don’t mean all of the above is +VAT
VAT in Greece is 24%

LGMG Megara, Greece

Realistically, of the ones taken over by FRAPORT, the ones with avgas are marked in yellow, with the question mark next to Hania which “for ever” has been 5 days PPR for arrival and 5 days PPR for departure (reports on this have varied over the years).

€50 is the price for fish for two, so what really matters – for visitors to Greece – is whether they will have avgas and sensible opening hours. The latter, probably yes, since all these are money-generating airports with holiday flights.

But price hikes like this kill off domestic flying. Not that many Greek pilots will be visiting those four anyway, however…

I wonder if they will improve the marking situation on Mykonos?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No Chania LGSA does not have AVGAS any more
https://www.aopa.gr/Info para. 22

Yes for the occasional visitor the prices are not a big issue, for the local GA they are.
In summer period these airports are generally open all day basically due to the immense charter traffic so operation hours is not an issue.
The issue some times is IFR CTOTs if you fly there IFR due to volume of traffic in case you pick to arrive in the “rush hour”.

The problem with Mykonos LGMK is the minimal (parking) space available in conjunction with the HUGE demand in BizJet and Helicopter visits.
Its extensively presented in this thread .
The demand is so big that they simply can’t handle even the administration of it.
We shall see how this summer will evolve under FRAPORT ownership but as long as the apron cannot be expanded (the value of land there is equally in “do not touch” status) I see no hope for (pure) GA flyers there. That is why the only alternative for a GA flight vacation visit there during summer months is the connection with nearby airport islands by sea. https://www.aopa.gr/Info para. 34
The infamous LGMK NOTAM was issued mid. April last time, so we will soon know how Fraport handles the issue.

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message