Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

Indeed, I am watching that too from week to week and I see no changes. :-(

LGMG Megara, Greece

@petakas: unfortunately, judging by the published price lists for 2024, it does not seem that there has been any reduction in fees for typical GA aircraft.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Excellent, petakas, great work.

Even more so now, the problem is not so much the Fraport fees, but the handling agents and their never ending ideas to create various fees which really add up.

I guess that this thread
https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/4369-greek-airports-being-sold-to-fraport-in-germany-and-many-new-problems
is the most appropriate for discussing Fraport fees.

[ posts moved ]

@boscomantico I just learned that the change of charges will indeed be the same for up to 2 tons MTOW and it will be the low price i.e. they will consider Recreational Non Commercial GA anything up to 2 tons (without the intermediate 1.2 to 2.0 tons step that is now in effect.)
LANDING CHARGE shall be 25 Euro for “0 to 2.0 tn. MTOW”
Same for PARKING fees, they shall apply for “0 to 2.0 tn. MTOW”
The timing is not specified but it was implied in a sense of “consider it done”.

@Peter since this thread is related to the Indonesia subject please transfer my above response to @boscomantico to the Fraport discussion.

LGMG Megara, Greece

I shall have some info on that soon and will revert back.

LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

The change (for 2 tons and below) is still not published in their site because they pass any such decision via BoD meeting approval which should happen in the near future.

Hi @petakas. Any news on that? Will the 1.2-2 ton prices be the same as the sub 1.2 ton prices in 2024?

petakas wrote:

one more meeting with AOPA Hellas whereby they accepted 2 tons MTOW as the “upper limit” for LOWER charges for what they will consider Recreational GA flights

Great! THank you for your efforts!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Peter wrote:

prices down there can vary and AOPA GR have scored the occasional success

https://www.aopa.gr/el/enimerosi/energeies-tis-aora-ellas/1075-aopa-hellas-fraport-2

You’ll need to translate it from Greek.
Basically Fraport in Greece had one more meeting with AOPA Hellas whereby they accepted 2 tons MTOW as the “upper limit” for LOWER charges for what they will consider Recreational GA flights, i.e. anything above 2 tons will have the already published price list.
The change (for 2 tons and below) is still not published in their site because they pass any such decision via BoD meeting approval which should happen in the near future.

Last Edited by petakas at 15 Nov 09:48
LGMG Megara, Greece

Chris paid 400+ in 2018, for just fuel and 1 passenger dropoff. So this is good news.

It would be super to have some database reports when your amazing adventure is concluded, Terbang

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It was 140€ two years ago, with only one night parking, though.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
454 Posts
Sign in to add your message