General conditions early enroute, FL120

Got this in a few seconds, when clipping a bit of IMC during a climb

FL160

Final LDZA

GA apron

Parked up and refuelled – €2.20/litre

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Obviously, the Renault panel remark was the evidence of achimba’s concern, he shared with us through his cynical statement :-D

Wish you a safe trip home !

so pretty obviously EuroFPL just draw a straight line from the last Eurocontrol-supplied track point to the destination airport, when they get some info suggesting the flight is completed.

Yes and that is the only way you can do it. You have to connect the position reports and derive positions from events (such as “departed”). The “getting stuck” issue with EuroFPL could be a bug in their implementation, I have never seen that problem on our end.

the airborne time was 6hrs not 7hrs

That means there was no message indicating arrival and EuroFPL only reacted to the flight plan closed message which usually comes 1h after arrival, automatically sent by the Eurocontrol computer. It is very difficult to sense arrival and other products that offer things like an email/SMS on arrival cheat — they just assume arrival based on some heuristics but have no way of verifying it.

the final bit included extended vectoring to the ILS (I was #4 after three passenger jets) with ~35 track miles, yet the zoomed in image shows none of that

The update rate of the CPRs (consolidated position reports) varies between 60s and 10 minutes. There is no way to depict vectoring manoeuvers with an update rate that low.

FlightRadar 24 is a much more accurate way of tracking flights, probably more accurate than most ATC radar systems.

FlightRadar 24 is a much more accurate way of tracking flights, probably more accurate than most ATC radar systems.

Yes but AFAIK this does not work with most of GA aircraft. You need ADS-B transponder for accurate data transponding or else your Mode-S signal gets triangulated by ground stations (coded T-MLAT) but for this to happen you need to me above FL300 or so and again there is no flight plan data, just the stuff ModeS transmits.

LGMG Megara, Greece

So Peter departed this morning from Zagreb as planned and his about to cross the Alps between Graz and Linz, actually heading more in direction of Salzburg at flight level 180, probably with lot of avoiding due to buildups.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

For his later use in absence of historic archive.

Source: http://www.dmi.gov.tr/en-US/satellite.aspx?uB=eu&uT=e&uG=p

Last Edited by petakas at 22 Sep 09:37
LGMG Megara, Greece

Yes, he passed some nasty stuff over the Alps. Now he’s heading from Munich to Stuttgart with lot of headwind at FL130.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

… and the 9:00 UTC one

LGMG Megara, Greece

Yes, it looks much better now and I guess he’s getting better as well – passed Stuttgart, flying 141 kts at FL120, obviously get rid of headwind.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Good job, Peter – 7:20 in the air.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message