Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GTN650 and GTN750 into a TB20

Of course they can be rotated but as you say it’s useless.

That video shows the US charts which AFAIK are available digitally, and for free.

Anyway, this is all a bit off topic. If I wanted “real printed” VFR charts, I would just run Oziexplorer on a tablet, and for that you can get “everything”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I frequently fly with a track up NATS charts when OCAS in the UK on Garmin Pilot. Works fine.

As we have discussed before, track up is the one true way.

EGTK Oxford

That’s right I always fly track up when I am in my flex wing

I wonder if anyone has an answer to my post #27? Specifically is there a config on any GPS for selecting one of multiple EHSI course pointer inputs? It would be rather weird and a good way to get into trouble.

BTW I have not absolutely ruled out the 2×IFD540 option. I would however need to be 100% sure it works, which means either a bench test (which frankly nobody is going to do) or seeing a working installation. Last time I asked Sandel, they had some 2 or 3 figure number of data on GTN installs and zero on IFD installs.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Last time I asked Sandel, they had some 2 or 3 figure number of data on GTN installs and zero on IFD installs.

That would convince me that Garmin is the way to go. I don’t want to be a “test pilot” I find following the well trodden path in life tends to be the easiest.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil wrote:

That would convince me that Garmin is the way to go. I don’t want to be a “test pilot” I find following the well trodden path in life tends to be the easiest.

Is that a quote from the “manual of boredom”?

I’m probably the only one in the world who doesn’t fly track up. Just not wired that way.

@Peter – why not 1×IFD550 (or 540) and 1×4IFD40 and free up some space? With the 550/540 you could have remote transponder as well, and free up even more space.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 06 Oct 16:15

Adam – see my posts #27 and #34.

Administrator

So having read 27 and 34. How does your current set up with the king GPS work.

Being tight I can’t see why you couldn’t just replace the king with a IFD440 or 540 if you want more screen space

achimha wrote:

Is that a quote from the “manual of boredom”?

I am adventurous about some things, but I son’t see the point of trying to be “different” for it’s own sake. That’s the philosophy that leads you to PCs running Linux which won’t run any programmes that work properly :)

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
Sign in to add your message