Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Guernsey to Norway

Hello.

We are to pick up a Cirrus SR22 in Guernsey (EGJB) in late november and fly it back to Norway (ENTO).

Any suggestions of nice GA airports to stop at along the way? I’m not fond of legs longer than 3 hrs.

Will be IFR (non waas).

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

I’m not sure about your route, but Bremen pops into mind. The airport is GA friendly and it is only a 20 min ride with the tram to the city centre. In the Netherlands you could consider Rotterdam EHRD (contact the aeroclub for handling) or Groningen EHGG (they have descent prices) the airport is a bit further from the city centre.

jkv
EHEH

I have been looking at Groningen, seems like reasonable charges. Any ideas on avgas prices?
Rotterdam might be better actually, distance wise. Guess Lelystad is out of the game due to customs, flying in from non-Schengen.
Edit: Bremen seems nice and GA-friendly!?

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 29 Oct 11:45
ENEG

Service at EHGG is very good, and a nice restaurant in the terminal. Not sure about AvGas prices.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@NorFlyer

Lelystad has customs

Customs: during AD OPR HR on 3 HR PN

Immigration: during AD OPR HR
and an excellent restaurant

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 29 Oct 13:26
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

So this is the route I’ve come up with so far. Gives us two legs of appr. three hours. What a great tool autorouter is.

Guernsey – Groningen
Groningen – Eggemoen

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 30 Oct 09:19
ENEG

Is Eggemoen public or private? Cost? Avgas?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Eggemoen is a private airport, under development(!), about 50 minutes from the capital, Oslo. The runway was extended and paved in 2010. There are rumors going around that lighting and a gps approach is planned in the near future.
We have a great service center (approved Cirrus+CAPS and Pilatus) on site, actually run by some DK- guys :)
PPR required, but visitors are very welcome. Landing fee is NOK 200. Fuel at reasonable prices.
Anyone flying in to ENEG are welcome to contact me if you need help arranging anything.

Official site

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 30 Oct 11:04
ENEG

Thank you

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Leer EDWF has bery nice staff, a nice restaurant, cheap fuel and no fees if you refuel.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message