Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A nice group....

Again, it has been my great pleasure to meet a number of fellow pilots. I am honoured to be a member of such a worthwhile group of aviators, and aviatrix('s?). I have never been disappointed in meeting the EuroGA, and Proone members I have found in many countries.

Thank you very much to those EuroGA members who each recently came together for a visit, I really appreciate the effort each of you made to make the trip!

I daren't make reference to a "fraternity" ('cause last time I did, my blunder caused 7 pages of gender based debate back on Proone), so I'll just make reference to a group. I'm proud to be a member of your group, thanks for having me, and taking the time to visit in person!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Just refer to a fellowship and I think nobody could reasonably complain.

Needless to say it is an honour to me, poorest and humblest of heavier than air venturers, to share fellowship with the accomplished pilot and generous sharer of experience and insight you have shown yourself - much looking forward to future remeets!

PS as I hear your European "base" at Bremerhaven is due to close, shouldn't we organise some "last call" meeting there, as late as possible to fly out legally?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes is is great that we are all able to meet in person sometimes. Makes the forum even more interesting. Good to get the chance to talk about aviation with like-minded people.

EGTK Oxford

The blow-up which happened on another site over the use of the term "fraternity" was totally in line with many of the people who inhabit that site and for whom aggressive behaviour is the default operating mode.

We don't have that here...

I hope Bremerhaven is not another Tempelhof.

Now... how about a meetup in Prague?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Letnany is a super airfield. Very long excellent grass strip directly next to the Metro station.

...and, if I understood right last Saturday, IFR let-down possible through Kbely. Then again, ISTR that it is not self-evident to get an English-speaking controller on Letnany radio?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Czech ATC is superb and Letnany is English speaking and offers top service. There is nothing to complain about it. Been there several times. Prague Ruznye (the big one) is not really for GA and the other one with IFR approaches (Vodochody I think) is very far out and only reachable by taxi.

I for my part wouldn't be interested in a fly-in if the weather wasn't halfway good so an instrument approach seems not necessary.

Let me start a new thread on this Prague thing, in the Trips section.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would like to echo the above sentiments too. I must confess that I hold my breath each time I post here but so far I have not been attacked in any unpleasant manner. It makes me want to come back and post/ask questions/ answer questions and so forth. Thanks Peter and Co. :-)

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Nice post, Pilot DAR! Yes, I know just what you mean, there is a strong sense of fraternity in the aviation community, and it's good to hang on to that at times when bad-mouthing and backbiting in the small microcosm that is club life become too exasperating.

I hope I might get to join a fly-in and meet (more) EuroGAers some time...

Fly safe!

Bordeaux
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message