Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How long is your runway?

Could I be the one with the easiest (=biggest) homebase runway on here?

Does this count?

Okay, I just moved last week to Flensburg, too early to call it my homebase. EDXE is 980m total with 630ish m TODA/LDA each direction.

But 600 m is a challenge to me, the shortest field I’ve landed on yet was 700something.

If you like, we could train for Baltrum next spring.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

My current home base has a comforting 1020 X 20 Asphalt. The shortest I have landed however, is on Bad Salgau 450 X 15 Asphalt (it was with an instructor).

Germany

Here’s mine:

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

acquilinus wrote:

My current home base has a comforting 1020 X 20 Asphalt. The shortest I have landed however, is on Bad Salgau 450 X 15 Asphalt (it was with an instructor).

The shortest I landed on was with an Archer on Helgoland’s runway 21which is 370m long (and no, I didn’t take out the fence nor just miss sunbathers in front of the threshold). In case you don’t know what I’m referring to, here’s a video of that particular pilot as reported in the news….

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 13 Nov 09:01
EDL*, Germany

ESMK 2215×45m
The shortest I have departed from was 590m, slightly uphill, short grass but damp near the bottom, with high trees near the take-off end. Not overly fun TBH.
I don’t include the high DA strips.

ESMK, Sweden

LSZH:

As mentioned before typically rwy 28 2500m x 60m for takeoff and landing or 34 3700m x 60m for landing (reduced to 600m for VFR) and rwy 16 intersection E6 for takeoff but had almost every other runway option the short time I’ve been flying there.

Switzerland

PepperJo wrote:

LSZH:

Oh, hello neighbour!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message