Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why seaplanes failed in Croatia

It would have been nice to see Twotters buzzing around Croatia from an emotional pro aviation point of view and I wished them well (knew someone involved there), but my feeling was always that this will fail.

I saw the plans for ECA‘s „private“ ports. Looked like very expensive air – sea lounges made of the finest teak and v2a… super fancy. Paired with the expensive Twotter I wondered how that was going to work out financially.

Many vacationers come to croatia by car. There is a very good boat ferry network in place to reach the islands by car. This group was not going to use air transport.

Many others come by commercial air transport, paying less for the flight from eg the UK to Croatia than for one of ECA‘s short hops.

So you’re competing with cars, trains, busses, ferries, airlines and private boat transfers. Not easy in a 15-20 seat twin turboprop on floats.

What’s left is a combination of flying for sightseeing and maybe for daytrips to beautiful locations which would be burdensome and take too long by other means.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I’d love to rent a Icon A 5 somewhere along the Adria 1

Pegaso airstrip, Italy
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message