Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20 F-GKVZ down at Dinard LFRD

Peter wrote:

I still find it unbelievable

Just like “a little corrosion won’t kill”.

IFR is not taken seriously here. It is more a prestige thing for wealthy pilots.

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

I still find it unbelievable Basically he is admitting that potentially everybody else he signed off has a bogus qualification.

So do I. Can’t really get my head round that.

I can’t get my head round that either. Every one of my revalidation flights has had a strict set of parameters starting with the briefing before the flight and going through an ILS and RNAV approach, assymetric flight, limited panel etc. Plus all the items on the MEP revalidation check list. Perhaps @Jujupilote and others can give me a few names of these examiners, save me some stress. My last revalidation had an LPV take off and a view of the runway on my ILS approach exactly at the minima of 200ft. Admittedly nearly all my examiners have been at pains to point out that this is not an examination but more a check flight.

France

“The RNAV approach is an RNP approach. and the VOR/DME approach is a VOR approach“

The RNP LNAV RWY35 is designed similar to VOR RWY35, the “only difference” is 0.5nm between threshold (LNAV MAPt) and 1dme (VOR MAPt), and 2deg offset from runway axis in VOR approach, even BEA did confuse the two in their report graphs

Although, I personally don’t think they were flying level at 690ft until the MAPt (threshold or 1dme) on VOR or RNP

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

The RNP LNAV RWY35 is designed similar to VOR RWY35, the “only difference” is 0.5nm between threshold (LNAV MAPt) and 1dme (VOR MAPt), and 2deg offset from runway axis in VOR approach, even BEA did confuse the two in their report graphs

An RNP approach where the MAPt is not at the threshold! Unusual — are there obstacle clearance reasons?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

gallois wrote:

Every one of my revalidation flights has had a strict set of parameters starting with the briefing before the flight and going through an ILS and RNAV approach, assymetric flight, limited panel

For me too (except MEP ones), and I like. it gives me the opportunity to learn new things and improve myself.

I know the FE who revalidated the RHS pilot. He is a very experienced pilot with many qualifications.
With him, IFR revalidation is “handshake-takeoff-approach-land-papers”. No weather briefing, no partial pannel etc.

There are loads of approaches which have the MAPt nowhere near the runway. This is LOAV RNP A

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is LOAV RNP A

Practically just a cloud breaking procedure

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, and LOWZ and many others.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There are loads of approaches which have the MAPt nowhere near the runway. This is LOAV RNP A

Sure, but I’m talking about “proper” procedures, for straight-in landing in IMC. Not cloud-break-to-VMC or circling procedures.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message