Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Charlton Park

I'm still planning on flying in - weather permitting of course. I will be flying in with another Pilot so not sure how long we will stay. What time shall we (all ?) meet?

I am hoping to leave Headcorn around 11am so should be there around 12:30 or such unless we have an 80kt headwind in which case we will become a helicopter in the hover. Hahaha.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Hi All I am in France at the moment, near Loyat. I have not heard from Lord S's Estate Office but will ring them when I get back on Thursday unless anyone else would like to contact them in the meantime. I will be coming in a C150 wx depending.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Back in the UK and have emailed Lord S's estate office and will ring them in the morning.

As there are no refreshment facilities take it everyone is bringing picnics/drinks?

Weather looks good. Sunny in the morning, bit cloudy in the afternoon and with temps 21-23C and a westerly wind at a projected 3kts

12.30-13.00ish?

Sounds good to me. I will bring some food and drink with me - I am glad you mentioned there were no refreshments actually :-)

I'll bake a cake too.

I could do with an idea of number/type of aircraft coming so that I can let them know by Friday if they ask. Don't think pilot/pax numbers are too important.

OK me + pax in a C150

Me + 1 passenger, in a Piper Archer ;-) The reg will be N2273Q if you are able to sort out the PPR up front. I have the Pooleys plate for the field.

Hiya.

I am still planning on using the Cub. A bright yellow one - G-LCUB. It will just be me (unless I can find a suitable victim from now until Saturday) - I can sing to my hearts content AND sing LOUDLY. Hehehe. Still not sure what to do about the start but maybe one of you kind folks can sit in the thing and cover the controls and I will swing the prop. Otherwise, I will just land back track, wave at you and zoot off again. I just better make peace with the aviation gods that I don't embarrass myself and ground loop the old girl. Eeeek. Pain in the arse for solo flying. Hahahaha.

Thanks for doing the leg work Jude.

Slightly of track, I did a flight to Stow Maries last Sunday in the thing. Good fun and a wonderful field if you have not been before you should put it on the list.

Shoreham

Just had a phone call from Lord Suffolk and he said he would be delighted to have us at Charlton Park.

If any others apart from Bloomer and Piper Archer and Andy H/Sam would like to come could they PPR Charlton Park to let them know.

See you there 12.30/13.00 ish.

Wx forecast still looks ok

Your are a star Jude. A very big thank you for doing this for us. I am looking forward to this very much. A bit damp in Kent this morning but as you say, weather still looks ok for tomorrow - touch wood.

Shoreham
Sign in to add your message