Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2018 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2019?

Good luck!

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

2018:
Total 102h 30min
Flown a G1000-equipped C172.
About 30h of IFR training.
A (for me) very long and pleasurable VFR trip all the way to Corsica.
A few cancellations still, despite the super sunny summer.

2019:
Have not flown in 2 month, feeling rusty. Even worse for the NQ.
Looking at investing in an own plane, I have test flown a couple but not been able to come to a decision.
Complete the CB-IR already. Off to do the MET exam after I click on send for this post.

ESMK, Sweden

That’s some great flying. It’s always great to hear of people getting a lot of flying in.

My year was very disappointing, with my airfield being closed and unable to fly for most of the year.

2019 will just be to do more flying, improve my skills. Hopefully some more aeros and do a few longer trips if possible.

SierraNovember wrote:

So I am new to this board. I got my PPL in 2017 after my first flght in Sept 2017. 56 hrs that year.

2018 I have done 250hrs, Achieved my FAA IR and EASA IR. I collected my SR22T in June and spent 4 weeks flying coast to coast in the US (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Fran, LA, San Diego, Sedona, Lake Powell, Oshkosh (!), Keys, Florida and New York).

Wow ! That’s quite the start to a flying career – congrats!!

So I am new to this board. I got my PPL in 2017 after my first flght in Sept 2017. 56 hrs that year.

2018 I have done 250hrs, Achieved my FAA IR and EASA IR. I collected my SR22T in June and spent 4 weeks flying coast to coast in the US (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Fran, LA, San Diego, Sedona, Lake Powell, Oshkosh (!), Keys, Florida and New York).

2019 I would like to do 200hrs and do a nice trip in Summer to Southern Europe coast and I am hoping to get the plans together for a trip down to Cape Town to take my aging Mum flying in SA.

The sky is the limit
EGKB, United Kingdom

90h in 2018 with a fair mix (30h glider, 30h touring, 30h local fun/vintage), trying to keep the same pace in 2019

I finished up 2018 with a nice flight over London in a DA42 twin as pax (29/12/2018) and a good start on 2019 with a vintage fly-in super-cub along a sea fury (01/01/2019), so ready for 2019 goals:
- Get Night, get CBIR and gliding Gold Badge
- Fly vintage to France and do some flying in the US
- Do ATPL TK exams (like my Jan19 gym subscription: seems like a long shot !!)

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Jan 12:01
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

115 hours in 2018, my all time record, despite having the plane in maintenance for a month in the middle of summer!

2018 was a true breakthrough in my flying “career”, mainly thanks to having and using IR and owning a capable aircraft (SR22), which allows me to travel with the whole family (4 of us in total).

Personal achievements in 2018:
- more than 90% of flights were trips with some purpose (business or pleasure) and only very few were local flights without any specific purpose
- flight to Aero Expo
- flight to Rotterdam + Lydd, UK (including my longest flight ever – EPBC-EHRD – over 5h thanks to strong headwinds)
- 2 flights to Greek island – logistics wise these were the most challenging flights, as well as the most expensive as far as airport/handling fees were concerned!
- flight to Grenchen, Switzerland

I wish that business issues prevented me from doing our longest planned trip for 2018 – from Poland to Portugal…

Aspirations for 2019:
- make at least the same and preferably even more hours than in 2018
- research rebasing plane to proper IFR airport for winter months as right now I’m based at VFR only airfield, which significantly limits dispatch rate during winter months
- visit again Aero Expo
- potentially participate in the euroga fly-in in Lido
- at least 1 trip to one of Greek islands
- trip to Portugal with a stopovers in Switzerland and south of France

EPMO, Poland

A good flying year for me, 53 hours. Particularly memorable: two multi-day trips to The Netherlands (one work, one holiday); an overnight to Perranporth; a flight around the M25 in the dark; and a short dual flight in a Magister.

Desires for 2019: that no-one breaks the shareoplane this year and that Henlow is somehow reprieved from closure.

strip near EGGW

180 hours, almost exclusively UL.
Highlights: Spain tour with an UL formation and one day up and down to Poland in the impressive TBM of @loco . I don’t know where the ‘B’ stands for, but The T and M can only mean Time Machine.
Aspiration for 2019: Make the same or more hours and do another Spain tour and if I dare even venture into Europe

Last Edited by aart at 29 Dec 17:49
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

72 hours, but my plane was down (separate) months for maintenance… top overhaul, magneto replacement, brake repair, etc… My goal for 2019 is to get my FAA IR, sell my plane and by an N-Reg tourer. The flying I did I liked though: Greek islands, Sicily, Calabria, Rome, Venice, the Balkans, so it was pretty fun.

Tököl LHTL
64 Posts
Sign in to add your message