Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Landing fee vouchers for ED, LO and EK in 2019

How many landings before these vouchers pay for themselves?

Can we hope they’ll add foreign Fraport airports to their selection?

Last Edited by Dimme at 07 Dec 09:19
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Can we hope they’ll add foreign Fraport airports to their selection? 

Haha great. Imagine EDDF being included and then consequently getting swarmed by light GA. Ideally, one would create a kind of "aerial flash mob " where everyone flies there at the same time…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Miam that looks delecious, I wish they had that in some of the dump places I visited with those vouchers (Beccles, Shipdham) but I was really happy with few places I discovred with those tickets (Glenforxa, Bembridge)

The attitude to landing fee just depend on what are you flying and why you are flying (building time, watching scenary, or taking the mam/girfriend to a destination), I think 20% of the cost of your flight is a lot, 10% is ok, 0% is really good but you still need something else? so a 10£ makes a lot of difference if you are building 100 hours on something that burns 12l/h but yes it is true you should not complain about it if you burn 80l/h on 1000£ trip…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Unfortunately the airport cafe which takes all my used engine oil got me to sign an NDA

What was the population age inside the restaurant? If it is higher than GA club house average, I will gladly sign your TB20 certificate for release to service, no need to open the engine as the oil looks good

Dimme wrote:

I don’t think they are valid for touch-and-go, one day a guy in the reception complained that he can’t fit 3 visiting Piper Scena on the parking because of my aircraft, so he judged those vouchers were not valid

I can’t blame him

@peter

This kind of flying is death to one’s activity in the long term. One should never fly to airports. One should fly to destinations, and choose those.

But when looking for a destination you might find it by looking on the airport too. Just look what is nearby to the airport. Might be a lake, a hiking area, something what you haven‘t been looking for.

EDDS , Germany

Peter wrote:

astonished me that anyone would choose a destination for a £10 or a €10 landing fee

Ha, Ha this depends, if you forget about your picture, (most loved and adored breakfast type in England), and combine landing fees whit cheap fuel prices, then it can make sense, let alone that you don’t have handling fees at those airports, as I bet, you will have at the airports which charge €60 for landing/starting.
Also in my experience, expensive landings fees in most of the cases goes hand in hand with expensive fuel price.

Dimme wrote:

Probably max 5 landings, if not less in Germany, this to be break-even, which from where are you based will be easy achieved.
eddsPeter wrote:

Just look what is nearby to the airport.

Fully agree, all ready I found an alternative for Straubing, convenient for going to Berlin.

ES?? - Sweden

eddsPeter wrote:

Just look what is nearby to the airport. Might be a lake

That is how I discovered pitsford airstrip/reservoir with a friend, short & tight & undulating runway, but it was fun to walk around the reservoir (would be fun to have wheels & floats in case there is too much cross-wind)

Probably going again there this weekend

I really like the Airshampoo vouchers for one simple reason. If you go to a new place and it is absolutely crap, it calms the disappointment ;-).

Other than that, it pays off quite quick, at the usual participant airfield typical after about 5 landings. I also have to admit visiting airfields on tour because they were in the vouchers. From looking at the list, typical 80-90 percent positive and 10-20 negative experience. So, the idea to promote airfields you would not have visited without the voucher does indeed work. I do keep a record of all costs and rebates, stating for 2018 a total of 30 landings on vouchers, which would have been 277.50 Euro fees, so 224.65 Euro saved. Yes, it is a small contribution, but it is one. I also kept flying to airfields beyond the 3 landings voucher, so it does pay off for the field as well. Still waiting for Frapoisoned fields to join though …

Last Edited by at 11 Dec 15:59
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message