Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shackespeare at Gloucestershire Airport and Shobdon Airfied

Much Ado About Nothing (GYP) is looking good in rehearsals. checkout gyptheatre.org for July tour dates including Gloucestershire Airport air-side at The Flying Shack (19th July) and the UK's 1st Fly-In Shakespeare performance at Shobdon Airfield (24th July - with strawberries & cream and a glass of bubbly)

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Afterhours departures, after the performance at Shobdon Airfield, are available if PPR'd by the 23rd July (day before the performance)

Looks interesting. What is the approx. local time the Shobdon Airfield performance ends?

EDLE, Netherlands

So, I think I am going. I called the airport and seemingly I can fill in a GAR form, send it to them by e-mail to clear customs at the airfield, enjoy Shakespeare and be off again the next morning. Looks like lots of fun. Anyone else going there from the PPLIR forum?

EDLE, Netherlands

Or this forum of course :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

Do you guys (Brits) have any suggestions on what to show my youngest daughter in Oxford and Cambridge? She is 18 and is our 'smart' girl in the family and is considering studying there. It is summer time and I assume all the university activities are not going on in the summer. Any suggestions are welcome. We only have hafl a day in Oxford and half a day in Cambridge.

EDLE, Netherlands

performance ends approximate local time 22.00/22.15.

Both in Oxford and Cambridge you can visit the various Colleges that make up the Universities.

Oxford: Britain's Greatest palace - Blenheim Palace, the Ashmolean Museum, Bodleian Library - with 'Europe's most beautiful room', the Divinity School and 'Hogwarts library'. Oxford's 38 colleges (plus gardens, halls and chapels) and museums

Cambridge:

And you could try punting

Look forward to seeing you at Shobdon.

Jude

Jude: thanks for the tips!

EDLE, Netherlands
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message