Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Homeless!

Yea MD is correct.

EIMH, Ireland

I see. For a moment, I had thought that EIWT was Waterford…
Yes, very few options in the greater Dublin area…
Maybe Dublin Pilot can help you out? He might have some good contacts ar Weston..

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Jan 19:07
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hopefully they’ll take pity on me. In the mean time I’ve been kindly offered refuge at a 700 m grass strip. I must go looking up the regs about ifr departure from uncontrolled fields here (still in training) . I guess you need to remain VMC below the MVA?

EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

I guess you need to remain VMC below the MVA?

Well, yes and no… There is no rule that requires it (assuming class G airspace) but there is a very practical reason you should have your clearance before entering IMC. You need to avoid a situation where you are stuck in IMC below controlled airspace if for whatever reason you can’t get a clearance — especially if the lower limit of controlled airspace is also below the MSA!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Stupid question but how expensive is Dublin itself? Do they explicitly not allow small GA?

The last man out of Dublin Airport was flying a T206H on EI reg. He was paying €3,000 per week, in the end, to park outside. After that, he moved to Waterford. That was the last based GA aircraft in Dublin.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I have had problems at my base of Blackbushe whilst the aircraft was in maintenance for several months on the same airfield.

The airport management gave our very good outside parking spot to another aircraft and refused to let us have it back once the aircraft was returned to service. We used to have a good spot that didn’t require walking over the grass to get to the aircraft so you didn’t bring any mud or grass into the cockpit on your shoes. We used to be parked less than 50 metres from the car park whereas now we are 200 metres away, very annoying.

Payment for the parking space was continued over the period that the aircraft was in maintenance.

EGLK, United Kingdom

That is a really horrible conduct (given that you were paying).

I am sure Shoreham Airport would never do that. And yes I always continue paying when away for mx.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Lydd and Headcorn where I have present and past hangarage are quite clear how they deal with absent aircraft.

All the time you pay then they maintain the slot in the hangar even if the aircraft is away for extended maintenance – but if you stop paying then I think it’s reasonable the agreement becomes void and the airfield management can fill your space. Then I guess you go to the end of the inevitable waiting list.

Sure, when my aircraft was away for weeks then both Lydd and Headcorn filled it with another aircraft but they were moved out the instant I said I was returning. That too seems quite reasonable to me.

Lydd

I’d expect that with a hangar and it’s fair but I was living outdoors and the place is far from full. Seems bizarre to reject a trouble free €3k plus landing fees plus fuel income to focus on having more fun fairs and shooting car commercials.

EIMH, Ireland
Lydd and Headcorn where I have present and past hangarage are quite clear how they deal with absent aircraft.

All the time you pay then they maintain the slot in the hangar even if the aircraft is away for extended maintenance – but if you stop paying then I think it’s reasonable the agreement becomes void and the airfield management can fill your space. Then I guess you go to the end of the inevitable waiting list.

Sure, when my aircraft was away for weeks then both Lydd and Headcorn filled it with another aircraft but they were moved out the instant I said I was returning. That too seems quite reasonable to me.

That’s more than reasonable, that is awfully nice! Just for reference – during my absence they sold the place I was paying for to others and then when I said to come back from maintenance they sent cancellation.

Sign in to add your message