Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Homeless!

zuutroy wrote:

Now to finish the IR and use the bloody thing!

Even the other way round :) Use it and get the IR done. Yea, know that feeling. Well, keeping my fingers crossed for you and happy flying!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hoping to test fly on Thursday but matching work and winter weather is tough. It’s 3 hours away so getting up there and sorting everything out and 1 hr flight back all by 4pm closing time would be tricky.
It was a big job and I’m not entirely sure what it took so long yet. I guess trying to fit in a really messy job alongside a normal workload could be to blame. Lots of small items that added a week here and a week there waiting for parts and input from his colleagues. LASAR sending parts without 8130 forms added about 6 weeks too.
In the background he has also prepared things to put it on the EI- register if I want, and has offered a discount on the labour due to the time it has taken. It has been incredibly frustrating but I’m confident now that it will be as safe as possible at least. Now to finish the IR and use the bloody thing!

EIMH, Ireland

Phew! Better than nothing I suppose. And once you are in, chances for improvement are always there.

When will you be back there? This was quite an extensive maintenance job… maybe worth a thread of its own…

To their credit they have decided to let me back in. Grass only for now, so better go shopping for some desiccant :)

EIMH, Ireland

GA is more and more becoming a rural activity due to the airport situation. The only long time solution is to relocate with it.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

WilliamF wrote:

There’s a bit of context.

Thanks. Abbeyshrule looks pretty nice, but is far away I suppose.

I honestly can’t understand what is driving Weston to refuse parking to someone because they want to hold fun fairs or other events. They are an airport, therefore they are infrastructure. Maybe another example why the whole GA airfield situation is so cumbersome in many parts of Europe… privately owned airfields where the owners do not regard themselfs as infrastructure but rather someones private playground.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Quite a sorry state of affairs in the Dublin area if the only available GA airport will not accept renters for any other reason than being full. Also quite an issue for people that only one airfield is available, so basically that one airfield can do what they want.

GA in Dublin is gone a few directions. All away from the capital. It’s a bit like the old Weston in Newcastle in Co. Wicklow and alot of people fly out of there. Then alot of people went to Athboy. Some to Kilrush. Some to Navan. Abbeyshrule is that little bit too far out, but should really have more movements given the runway it has. Outside the greater Dublin area, there isn’t much money being spent on aviation. Our club does 250hrs a year in their Cessna. A Cessna 150 I used to own did 800hrs a year in 1977.

There’s a bit of context.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Quite a sorry state of affairs in the Dublin area if the only available GA airport will not accept renters for any other reason than being full. Also quite an issue for people that only one airfield is available, so basically that one airfield can do what they want.

Once you have nothing to lose, why not go all the way to the boss? Just to make sure this isn’t somebody lower down over-exercising their power.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Abbeyshrule is an awful haul from me though. I think if it was there I’d end up using it less than I should. Have emailed Ian about EIKH.

EIMH, Ireland
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message