Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Who wants to buy this? (MiG-29)

$10M for 19 Mig 29 and 20 extra engines. Surely it all must be in very poor condition?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Peter wrote:

250kt IAS max below 10,000ft

No problem. MiG-29 has a Vs ≈ 100 kt.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I wonder what the operating restrictions are…

250kt IAS max below 10,000ft

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

loco wrote:

In the news today: Hungary is selling 19 MiG-29s with spare parts package including 20 engines for $10M.

That would make a nice training fleet for an ATO NW London as they plan to replace their C152s fleet, but at that bargain price I tend to trust old C152s

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the news today: Hungary is selling 19 MiG-29s with spare parts package including 20 engines for $10M.

LPFR, Poland

I think you’re right and I’m wrong on this. I’ve just had a little google and Wikipedia says a thrust to weight of 0.78 so it seems very unlikely.

I doubt the Lightning could do a sustained vertical climb, let alone exceed mach 1 while doing it, because I have spoken to an ex RAF guy who told me one Lightning pilot was showing off and pointed the plane vertically up after takeoff, and it did a tail slide and crashed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Off_Field wrote:

Like the EE Lightning.

I think Falcons, Hornets, Typhoons or Mirage2000 are better comparisons to Mig29

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Like the EE Lightning.

Ibra wrote:

I think they mean 6500ft/min? unless you VS = 1000ft/s which is higher than speed of sound !!

65.000 ft/min is correct, unloaded Mig29 an break the sound barier in vertical flight, its a widely known fact.

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message