Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Duxford Airshow

Hi

Just wondered if anyone here was attending the Duxford Airshow tomorrow? I have a 12:40 landing slot and would happily try and meet up with anyone if you are there.

Hi PiperArcher,

We have been there yesterday. The airshow was great, we really enjoyed seeing all those historical planes in flight and the sound of some of those engines is something special.

Bring lots of sun screen. Yesterday it was very hot with up to 32 degrees C and the weather today is also supposed to be very good.

We will do a sight seeing flight with a friend from a different field today so unfortunately we won't be in Duxford again today.

Have lots of fun!

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Thanks RXH. Yes, got the sun cream in my bag. I love the sounds of Spitfire roaring past, and some photos I have seen on Facebook from yesterday's show, suggests it will be very good today :-)

Below are some photos from the day. It was a very good show. One interesting GA part was (annoyingly) that one of the first GA planes at the holding point queue had a stuck PTT button which prevented him, and the other 40 odd aircraft sitting behind to be given an audible departure clearance from ATC. Some time later, a marshaller came out and directed each of us to line up and depart by hand. Light aircraft were subsequently lining up and taking off one a minute - putting the carefully controlled operations at Heathrow to shame :-)

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message