Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An interesting bit of "property speculation" - hangar homes?

http://www.hangarhomes.co.uk/index.html

I have no idea who is behind this. There is even a proposal for Shoreham Airport!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had a quick scan through the locations on the web site and I can’t see any that are realistically feasible. It looks like they don’t own any of the sites and don’t seem to have actually made any planning applications, probably because they are very expensive to do.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Something along this?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Is this the outfit that has got some planning permission at Lee on Solent? I don’t know anything further.

Anything is possible at Lee on Solent Businesses there got free or very cheap hangars, due to it being a “poor area”.

Administrator

One of my pilot friends has his Swedish airpark cabin up for sale:
http://byrholt.dk/rollvaegen17-1.html

It is his blue Aztec parked in one of the pictures.

Last Edited by Michael_J at 05 Feb 13:19
EKRK, Denmark

The owner of the website posted this on FB

I started Hangar Homes Ltd in 2014 after selling my software business, but didn’t really get going until 2015. It has taken me 5 years and well over £150k in planning consultancy and architect fees so far, but I’m hoping for a breakthrough at Lee-on-Solent and Enniskillen airfields this year, after which I wil follow up with Newtownards, Perranporth, Shoreham and Plymouth airfields. Once I get one development off the ground the others should follow alot easier. If you’re interested then please put your details on the the Contact page of the website, and I’ll keep you informed of developments.

Administrator

Hi All
The owner of Hangar Homes Ltd (Peter Day) asked to meet up with me having read my dissertation about European Airparks (for those of you with insomnia you can find it on this site in Articles) when he had submitted planning at Perranporth and didn’t get it. (he was going to erect the homes on a SSSI portion of the airfield… a case of doing thorough prep first). Newtownards also doesn’t look feasible.

I’ve not heard from him since May last year when he was putting together a proposal at/with Enniskillen Airport http://www.hangarhomes.co.uk/enniskillen%2c-n.-ireland.html

Michael_J I think I met your friend when I was staying at Siljan. It’s a superb example of a residential airpark with everything from hard and grass runways, club house, aviation museum (with a lovely café and also I think the brewery is now up and running).

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

I wonder what Peter’s 150k went on.

That would more than cover an appeal all the way to the Dept of Environment, with a barrister.

Administrator

Reminds me of a guy at Kjeller (ENKJ) who lived with his plane in a T-hangar for a while after the typical break up with his wife. Extremely small space, but he managed to have a kitchen corner, bathroom, and made a sort of loft as a bedroom

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message