Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintenance shop in Salzburg (LOWS) area?

Hi all,

Unfortunately our Cessna decided to give up on us on our way south. We are planning to get in contact with AAC(.at) tomorrow when they open (sent them an email yesterday), but in case they are unable to assist us, if anyone of you know of any other approved maintenance shop in the area I would be extremely grateful for their contact details.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Martin

Try calling Rieger in Vilshofen. They work in Salzburg often and are usually very helpful. Google for them.

We got hold of AAC this morning and they are working on the aircraft now, hopefully the problem will be solved during the afternoon.

Achimha, thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated!

/M

What's broken? Luckily I never got stuck anywhere due to a technical problem, the ones I had I could solve. Once I had a broken starter but I was able to hand prop the C172 without losing too many fingers...

First time for me as well. When we did our run-up checks we got vibrations and no EGT/CHT temperature on cyl 1. After a day of troubleshooting it seems to be a faulty gasket, which caused an incorrect air/fuel mixture on cyl 1.

Hopefully ready by Wednesday. I must say that we have received great support from AAC, they started the troubleshooting of our aircraft immediately and continued all day.

For a busted vacation plan it has worked out pretty good, drove to Zell am See which happened to have their annual festival (lederhosen and beer), and also visited the Schloss Adler (I know, Hohenwerfen castle in real). Pretty cool but far too little references to the movie Where Eagles dare during the tour, who cares about the 11th century ;-)

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message