Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Boeing acquires Foreflight

They got one thing right though. FF should do an Android version. But they won’t, probably for the same reason that Jepp don’t (anymore) – too easy to bootleg it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

April Fool’s day is coming up.

That’s a fake. They would loose all their business.

LFOU, France

Boeing to move Foreflight to Android

Administrator

Good news for us?

Avweb

Hmmm…..

[ moved to existing thread ]

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

But the single-device sub is not useful; if you use it for any tablet app (JeppFD, or Foreflight) then you cannot print a PDF for an entire airport (as a backup in case the device packs up) and if you use it for Jeppview (PC) then you can print to PDFs but can’t take it with you to the cockpit (you have to take the printed PDFs which is what I do but very few “modern” people want to do that).

I have heard there’s ways of doing that for free…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

After the Boeing takeover they lost all interest in supporting light GA.

I would not have put it that way. They have merely resisted all attempts to drop their price.

If my house was the only one for sale within 10nm radius, was listed at 500k, and you offered me 200k because you have only 200k, I would politely say No

One GA organisation said a big deal was coming soon but it never came. The only concession they have made, in the 20 years I have known about them, is to offer a single-device sub for ~€900 for Europe, compared with~€2k for Europe for the standard four-device sub. But the single-device sub is not useful; if you use it for any tablet app (JeppFD, or Foreflight) then you cannot print a PDF for an entire airport (as a backup in case the device packs up) and if you use it for Jeppview (PC) then you can print to PDFs but can’t take it with you to the cockpit (you have to take the printed PDFs which is what I do but very few “modern” people want to do that).

But anyway this is digressing.

Administrator

Timothy wrote:

How does that show? Are anyone except light GA interested in VFR airport manuals? AFAIU Jeppesen was acquired by Boing in 2000 and I can’t recall they were more supportive of light GA in the 1990’s. Certainly the prices were outrageous already at that time,.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What happened to Jeppesen?

EGKB Biggin Hill
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message