Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Duty/VAT when importing parts from the USA, and the requirement for 8130-3 or EASA-1 forms to get the duty relief

There is no duty on aircraft either.

For parts there is a system called End User Certificate, but I don’t know any more about it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nothing is ever straight forward is it!
This from the recipient in the USA:

“I am not sure if it was intended or not but we’ve been required to pay an import duty on your service unit from DHL in the amount of $41.79. This amount has been added to the service ticket for reimbursement. In the event his DHL charge was in error may I ask you to contact DHL to clarify/remove the billing. Please advise.”

Forever learning
EGTB

Dont let them put the 41,79 on the actual invoice else you will pay EU import charges on the US import charges which would be absurd…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Good point Sebastian.

Forever learning
EGTB

we’ve been required to pay an import duty on your service unit from DHL in the amount of $41.79.

It looks like the paperwork accompanying the package to the US did not state AIRCRAFT PARTS on it. Or the customs person failed to spot it, etc.

I don’t recall ever having this problem with US companies but that could be because the courier delivering to them is processing so many packages for them, and knows every one of them is aircraft parts. But if you sent something to a smaller company…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I stopped using DHL to ship from USA to Canada because of this. DHL in North Americal just loves to slap extra fees on. I once recall a fee of $50 to $90 for a $30 item.

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

The civil aircraft parts code seems to be 88039090, is that right? The TARIC site seems not to be set up for casual users ….

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

I have 88033000 and/or 88039000 written down.
Also see this earlier post

Last Edited by tmo at 31 Jan 18:02
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

From here

OK, I got them back and just had to pay the VAT on the service cost (which was still £100!)

Forever learning
EGTB

And I was just told that in order to not pay duty on avionics, they have to come with a EASA Form 1… For a N-reg plane… So another 3% added to the bill.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
Sign in to add your message