Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What airplane deal are you not snapping up?

What deal have you spotted, that you are not going to move on? I spotted this one, it was sold before I got to it;

Cheap Rockwell 114 in Germany

I’m sitting on funds but nothing worth a punt is sticking its head up. Guy tells you he has a lovely Archer, turns out it’s a Cherokee 180. This would be a typical letdown you encounter daily. I’m thinking of parting out a King Air just to have something to do. If you’re not buying it someone else will, so it might as well be someone on here…..

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

https://ukga.com/classified/view?contentId=45407

Nope. Wouldn’t even take this one for free.

Andreas IOM

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve seen several nice ones I had to pass on for lack of opportunity and funds, but on which i would have moved.

Primarily there are several Twin Commanches and two Travel Airs which would give me the performance and range I would be looking for in an upgrade. All of them are priced quite attractively and fully airworthy.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Got an email from a broker selling a low time P180 Avanti II a few weeks back. Seller is desperate to get rid of it quick and would take $1.5mil instead of advertised $2.4mil. That’s a deal. Too bad I’m only short $1.49mil…..

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 18 Apr 11:05

How is your “deal” Commander doing? I’d like to read more about it… your accounts of what happened are always very interesting to read.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

WilliamF wrote:

I spotted this one, it was sold before I got to it;

It was sold by the time we got it, only a few days after advert went up. Most true “deals” sell in 24hrs as the value is quickly recognised, at least on the smaller scale. I passed on a €7k Cherokee 140, €37 Tubo Arrow IV and C340 there in last three days, all off-market. I’ve had offers turned down too on lots of things. It cuts both ways. Guys who haven’t turned a blade in 5 years want a 2019 retail price.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I passed on a €7k Cherokee 140

I wonder who is going to buy a €7k PA28-140. It is going to be on its last legs, so somebody is going to have a whole load of “fun” with it.

I reckon, most likely, somebody with a workshop would buy it to break it up for parts; the engine might be a few k as core value and the rest can be flogged off on Ebay, or cannibalised to bodge up some wrecks in some school’s fleet. Or it might be operated somewhere, below the radar, no CofA, no license, just topping off the oil, like one used to do with Renault 5 picked up for 25 quid

Note that I am not saying it won’t sell quickly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I passed on a €7k Cherokee 140

I passed on it because a few years ago I bought a similar one

Anyway, summer is here so if it can’t fly out of where it’s parked I’m leaving it behind. I’ve taken on way too many projects/part out’s/engine sales etc over the winter to even think about buying in more work when the weather is good. Likes of that Seneca II is really a job for Eastern Bloc guys over winter looking to keep warm.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Sorry for the topic slide, but….
I have a friend witha hankering for a nice TB10 if anyone knows of one.
He’s seen 2 but they were not quite as advertised.

United Kingdom
50 Posts
Sign in to add your message