Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

I travel out to the Channel Isles quite regularly (well before Covid-19 anyway) and whilst I cannot use the Class A sections, I have found Solent to be most helpful and accommodating. I prefer to transit as high as possible and Solent have been helpful and pro-active.

UK, United Kingdom

it it will be based only on the not-well-known FCS1521

Good point. I have bookmarked this and will file it absolutely every time a transit is refused.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bit more googling and apparently 16 FCS1521 in 2019

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

16 – that’s a joke!

Well, I agree that almost nobody knew of FCS1521. I recall it being promoted a fair bit some years ago, but haven’t come across a mention of it since.

Administrator

@Peter, I hope you are going to submit the form for every denial you had this year?

EGTR

I will see if I can find the notes for any, otherwise yes. I have done 1 recently; don’t recall for where though.

Administrator

This month’s issue of Pilot has a comprehensive article on current CAA policy with the title Infringement injustice.

Hopefully this may have an effect on improving how the CAA deals with infringements, including clearing up some egregious cases of controlled airspace overreach.

The USA can put you through a 409 check ride which in today’s climate may be very difficult to arrange.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes; mentioned earlier. The article is exceptionally well informed and accurate but I was amazed they printed it, because it shows the CAA in a terribly bad light.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Yes; mentioned earlier. The article is exceptionally well informed and accurate but I was amazed they printed it, because it shows the CAA in a terribly bad light.

I guess they are not that fussed what the CAA think of them.

Some other UK publications (naming no names), while not exactly sycophantic towards the regulator and the system in general, are careful to ensure that they are seen in a positive light.

EGLM & EGTN

Are we talking about this (the October issue of Pilot)

Because I can’t find the article…

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message