Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

Yes indeed; the biggest “wreckage” tends to be G-regs. N-regs are mostly owner-pilot stuff and generally better looked after.

Sadly I think Grant Shapps has his desk totally full, and it was full before CV19 (with HS2).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“Sadly I think Grant Shapps has his desk totally full, and it was full before CV19”
He has an Aviation Minister for that.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

prob99 did it for the FAA IR

prob100 he didn’t, as he doesn’t have an FAA IR

You can search the FAA registry here

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

He might just be on a 61.75 and renting it. I have known quite a number of people “who have a plane” but actually it is somebody else’s. Often for years.

If I was a politician I would do that. Then it isn’t mine.

Administrator

Well, usually it’s the trust’s anyway ;-) Is there an easy way who the trustor is? I know the FAA knows, but to the best of my knowledge they don’t publish that info anywhere, do they?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

No, but for a VIP almost all information can “leak”. Reporters routinely pay off officials… including (or especially) the police. If I was a politician I would not rely on anybody anywhere to keep their mouth shut if they had some dirt on me.

BTW with reference to my post here I have just done a re-count of the “infringement” MORs in the Sept MOR listing and it does closely match the 117 listed here. So it would be possible to do a breakdown of where they occurred. It would take a bit of time; if I get some I will have a go. Busts certainly make up the bulk the monthly MOR listings!

Administrator

Nov 2020 sentencing numbers are out. Trend as before; few going to gasco.

I also posted an analysis of infringing traffic from the Sep 2020 MOR listing here.

Administrator

I have just heard that in Germany they follow this principle:

It is was just a brief mistake and you went only about a few feet or a few 100m laterally, then no action is taken.

Then, there is a rule that depends on how many minutes you have flown into controlled airspace. The flight minutes are multiplied by a three-digit number in euros.

Administrator

That rumor is hawked in a German pilot board, indeed.

But it’s also part of the truth, that the number of actual cases that are publicly know where a pilot had to pay a fine that is significantly above the cost of one flight hour are extremely rare to non existent.
That could either imply that German pilots generally never infringe airspaces for more than a minute or two or that this rumor might not be very accurate…

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

That could either imply that German pilots generally never infringe airspaces for more than a minute or two or that this rumor might not be very accurate…

Or that the German ATC is actually fit for purpose and helps to avoid this mess! :)

EGTR
Sign in to add your message